View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Public Opinion
nvaccaro
#1 Print Post
Posted on 04/19/10 - 8:12 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 0

So check this out:

My son and I joined my father Sunday for a little local fishing trip. My son and I were going anyway in our Montauk, but Dad called Saturday night wanting us to go with him in his boat.

So, painfully I agreed. The whaler was already hooked up to my truck so I figured I would just pull it to Dad's and leave my truck and whaler in his front yard while we went fishing. Then I would bring it back to storage on the way home.

When we got back to my Dad's from a very unsuccessful fishing trip, I noticed a carboard sign on my boat. It read, "Fine Looking Whaler. Best I've seen in years!"

Talk about a feeling of pride. I wish I knew who left the sign--pretty cool. If this person thinks my boat looks good, I would love to direct him to whalercentral to see some of the otehr members' masterpieces!

Turpin
#2 Print Post
Posted on 04/20/10 - 3:24 AM
Personal Page
Project Albums

Comments: 20

I've erased about 4 comments/ compliments to your incident so I'll just leave this-
"Poetic Justice"

1963 13' Sport 50hp Evinrude
Maintaining a level of sanity that is socially acceptable

Optiker
#3 Print Post
Posted on 04/20/10 - 5:55 AM
Personal Page

Cool! When I was towing my new to me 13 back from FL to SC, I had a guy approach me at the gas station, admire the boat, and say "great boat! I love Whalers!"

Pretty cool feeling

1966 Whaler 13

MW
#4 Print Post
Posted on 04/20/10 - 8:55 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 10

When I get ready to splash for the season, I leave my boat in the driveway for a few days (I live on a main rd). I get notes in my mail box, on my windshield etc.. There's a traffic light a block away, during morning rush hour I sometime's hear the car horns blairing cause, some guy's day dreaming at my boat while the rest of the traffic ahead of him has already pulled away, LOL, it's the BEST compliment YOU can get !

Edited by MW on 04/20/10 - 8:57 AM
Matt

mattgeiger
#5 Print Post
Posted on 04/20/10 - 9:06 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 2

Optiker wrote:
Cool! When I was towing my new to me 13 back from FL to SC, I had a guy approach me at the gas station, admire the boat, and say "great boat! I love Whalers!"

Pretty cool feeling

I'd say that 3 out of 4 fill-ups I do with the boat in tow, I get approached by a fan, or someone that has great memories, or an offer to buy. I let 'em know they have good taste, and pass my thanks for their admiration. I'm a modest guy, but it's nice getting a thumbs up from a stranger after countless hours - and dollars spent on this old thing.

Cape Dory 28
Hobie 20 Miracle
A Class Catamaran

CES
#6 Print Post
Posted on 04/20/10 - 10:34 AM
Personal Page
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 7

Where I live, if you don't own a Skeeter bass boat, no one really knows what you have. With that said, last year when I towed our Classic 13' from North of Dallas Texas to Port Aransas Texas for the Texas Whaler Rendezvous, TexasOutrage took us to a boat ramp so we could launch. We it wasn't more than five minutes after we arrived, we had a few folks come up and compliment our boat. John then laughed and said "They know what Whalers are around here". Yep, it sure was a good feeling for someone to compliment a boat that the kids and I have put so much work into.

Edited by CES on 04/20/10 - 10:34 AM
Cliff
1966 13' Sport with a 1993 40hp Yamaha 2 Smoker

Tig
#7 Print Post
Posted on 04/20/10 - 1:05 PM
Personal Page

I do enjoy the phenomena of people complimenting an older boat that is neither fast nor bright red and all pimped out. Last summer I was stopped on the water by the police. After the formalities were over they complimented my boat and left.

1995 Dauntless 15, Honda 50

John Fyke
#8 Print Post
Posted on 04/20/10 - 1:08 PM
Personal Page

CES wrote:
Where I live, if you don't own a Skeeter bass boat, no one really knows what you have. With that said, last year when I towed our Classic 13' from North of Dallas Texas to Port Aransas Texas for the Texas Whaler Rendezvous, TexasOutrage took us to a boat ramp so we could launch. We it wasn't more than five minutes after we arrived, we had a few folks come up and compliment our boat. John then laughed and said "They know what Whalers are around here". Yep, it sure was a good feeling for someone to compliment a boat that the kids and I have put so much work into.

Hey brother. I did a few things to that boat too. I'm very happy you and the kiddies are enjoying it..

Edited by John Fyke on 04/20/10 - 1:25 PM

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 18, 2024 - 8:55 PM
Users Online
Welcome
rhall228
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 8
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,102
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.19 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,512,442 unique visits