View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
A 2010 Hello Dauntless 15 Owners...
dauntless-n-miami
#1 Print Post
Posted on 01/09/10 - 11:09 PM
Personal Page
Project Albums

Comments: 0

Its been a while since I've seen a Dauntless 15 thread. I hope all are doing well and that the New Year has started with good health and happiness for you and yours. New things with me and my Dauntless 15, Re-fit yet again another new Moeller fuel tank after the previously installed unit developed fuel spill problems when using the boat. The fill neck was not correctly finished which in turn would not allow the fuel cap to properly seat. When the boat negotiated a minimal chop or just trying to get on plane fuel would bleed past the cap and make a mess on the stern deck. I contacted Moeller about my problem and they expedited the replaced of the defective unit with no questions asked. I did send them pictures detailing the fill neck defects after an informative conversation with their technical support dept. and it helped that the fuel tank was under warranty. For the Dauntless 15 fans I have posted new pics (in my personal page) of my boat taken a couple of days after Christmas and she has a name now. Sorry the pics appear small, for some reason the site would not upload them at 640x480. Anyhow, the new and improved fuel tank worked great. No more fuel spills and mess to contend with. I finally got to test my custom console 4-rod holder that I designed a while back. It worked great. I have come up with a few new gagets for my Dauntless. I added support struts for my bimini, a custom fabed mount for my Fortress anchor which attaches to a verticle bar from the bow rail, a nifty billet mount for my dive flag pole, a custom fabed billet console hand rail mount for my spot light and now I am integrating 90 degree stainless rod holders into the stern casting deck. The rod holders will help when we troll for cuda or dolphin (mahi-mahi not flipper) along with creating more fishing rod storage which the Dauntless 15 lacks. Well thats it for now, please chime in and let me know whats new or happening with your Dauntlesses. See ya...

Angel M.

Edited by dauntless-n-miami on 01/09/10 - 11:13 PM
1996 Dauntless 15, Sportsman Pkg. - 2007 Yamaha 90 HP 2-Stroke

ugageo
#2 Print Post
Posted on 01/10/10 - 5:42 AM
Personal Page

A 2010 hello and best wishes to you too Angle. Sounds like you have been busy. No major chanes or mods to my Dauntless.
Another 14 degree morning here in GA to think and plan for the warmer days around the corner.

Mike

pederj
#3 Print Post
Posted on 01/11/10 - 6:57 PM
Personal Page

Happy New Year! I have a 1993 Dauntless 15. My boat was pretty basic model with almost no options. I just added a bimini top, rod holders, fish finder, compass, and up graded the navigation lights to LED lights. I also plan on adding a hidden drop-in console horn. I love this boat, and look forward to using it in the Gulf of Mexico.

Tig
#4 Print Post
Posted on 01/11/10 - 8:38 PM
Personal Page

Happy new year Dauntless owners.
Great to hear about all the work Angel. Thanks for the pictures. She looks great.
I finally got home this fall with my new bimini, rod holders and factory maintenance manual for the Honda. Approaching winter meant that I had to turn my attention to other things rather than install the new goodies. I just had enough time to take the Dauntless back to the dealer to get the gelcoat dings fixed. I can't say enough about how well Pride Marine Group in the Muskokas has treated me. They exceeded expectations on this work which I chose to delay for six months.
I have long ago bundled the boat up for the winter and ice fishing season is in full swing. The only traffic on the bay these days is snowmobiles, ATVs and pickup trucks. Smile
Enjoying winter, but can't wait to go boating again.

1995 Dauntless 15, Honda 50

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 18, 2024 - 11:35 AM
Users Online
Welcome
rhall228
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 10
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,102
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.15 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,506,337 unique visits