View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Attempting a Louisiana Rendezvous
nvaccaro
#1 Print Post
Posted on 11/10/09 - 11:54 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 0

Anyone in Louisiana and/or the neighboring states interested in getting a rendezvous together? The recent weather has been so nice, I figure their is still time for a whaler meet.

Their is a beach at the mouth of the Tchefunta River here in Covington where folks tie up for the day and swim and barbeque. I also know the guy who owns T-Rivers, which is a bar with pier on the same river. We might be able to setup a barbeque on the large pier and gather.

Anyone interested, let me know.

moose
#2 Print Post
Posted on 11/11/09 - 6:42 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

We'll be there for Easter for sure. I'm not sure about sooner. When did you have in mind?

MW
#3 Print Post
Posted on 11/11/09 - 7:11 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 10

Oh man, I'd love to try some Craw-fish, never tried 'em :(

Matt

nvaccaro
#4 Print Post
Posted on 11/11/09 - 2:55 PM
Personal Page

Moose: I don't have a specific date set. I can pretty much do whatever works for everyone else. I'm not even married to the idea of having it here at my local stomping ground. I'm open to anything. I'd just like to get everyone together. Another spot might be the Prop Stop on the Tickfaw River in Springfield. I guess lets wait and see the response we get and see what works. I could do it around Easter if that works for you and everyone else.

MW: Come on down. I'll boil you up some crawfish. I have a guy that works for me and he is from Baltimore. We were talking and he asked if the shells hurt going down when you eat crawfish! I've never let him live it down!

Anybody else out there wanting to participate in a rendezvous???

Tharsheblows
#5 Print Post
Posted on 11/11/09 - 5:13 PM
Personal Page

I'm up for it Nick. May just be me the wife is already complaining it is cold. She's a summer person I'm a winter person. I beleve I have my problems worked out, prop pitch change was great and the last trip out I did not need the tool box.

nvaccaro
#6 Print Post
Posted on 11/11/09 - 9:27 PM
Personal Page

Tharsheblows: Good deal. I knew you would be up for a gathering. What's good for you? I was showing my father pics of your boat tonight on the website. He was equally impressed with your woodworking.

So far, we have 3 Louisiana members and one New Yorker, who I'm not sure if he really would come down if we dangled some crawfish out there in front of him. Smile Anyone else out there interested?

CES
#7 Print Post
Posted on 11/12/09 - 2:59 AM
Personal Page
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 7

Depending on when you have it, maybe a Dallas TX whaler will show up too. ;-)

Cliff
1966 13' Sport with a 1993 40hp Yamaha 2 Smoker

Tharsheblows
#8 Print Post
Posted on 11/12/09 - 4:20 PM
Personal Page

Nick any weekend would be fine with me I would like to be flexable to allow others to join. I would like it if it were a neep tide weekend but that is not critical.

Tharsheblows
#9 Print Post
Posted on 11/12/09 - 4:38 PM
Personal Page

Matt crawfish is out of season now but will be back in season about mid to late February. You can order some from Cajungrocer.com they ship like Omaha steaks. But I wonder what quality is like being bolied then frozen whole. they also have other dishes like crawfish etouffee (pronounced A touff A) which is available now. A general rule of thumb for a meal of crawfish head on boiled, one needs 6 lbs per person.

cajanwhaler
#10 Print Post
Posted on 01/09/10 - 7:00 AM

I would like to attend , if it hasn`t been done yet.

nvaccaro
#11 Print Post
Posted on 01/10/10 - 9:42 AM
Personal Page

Cajunwhaler:

Glad to hear of another Louisiana whaler owner. We couldn't get anything together so it looks like we're going to let the brutal weather pass. I'm thinking about maybe March or April. What's good for you?

Paul B
#12 Print Post
Posted on 01/13/10 - 7:45 AM
Personal Page

I would come over from Mississippi! Let me know.

nvaccaro
#13 Print Post
Posted on 01/17/10 - 1:43 PM
Personal Page

Paul B:

As soon as we set a date, we'll let you know. Thanks for the interest.

SVTErik529
#14 Print Post
Posted on 02/19/10 - 7:46 PM
Personal Page

Hopefully my boat will look a little better by the time this happens! I know the beach you are talking about and have seen a few whalers there already. I'll try to keep an eye out on the web site for a date!

Tharsheblows
#15 Print Post
Posted on 04/07/10 - 2:36 PM
Personal Page

Hey! Get your motors running,Head out on the waterway,Looking for adventure, And whatever comes our way, Born to be Wild & wet. Is anybody else ready for a Rendezvous I know I am?

nanoonduhe
#16 Print Post
Posted on 04/07/10 - 3:51 PM

Let me know when and where.

olpilot
#17 Print Post
Posted on 04/08/10 - 3:30 PM

I am also very interested......please update on when and where. We are located in South Bayou Country and would like to plan a navigation route there.

Tharsheblows
#18 Print Post
Posted on 04/08/10 - 7:28 PM
Personal Page

Hello, Nanoondue & Olpilot I have been kinda waiting for Nick who originated this thread to pick it up and orginise it. I have a freind who does not feel comfortable posting but would like to attend he has a sourpuss I forget what size they are. So that makes four interested at this time. In the past we have had intrest from Moose in Lafayette and Paul in Moss Point, Miss. I live in Baton Rouge so It will not be a far drive in either direction for me so maybe we could discuss who would like to participate and discuss a local that would be doable to all intrested. Nick mentioned a area close to him and maybe a good place for all concerned but ( everybody here) chime in and give a opinion.
(EDIT) Sorry CES I Didn't mean to leave you out.

Edited by Tharsheblows on 04/08/10 - 7:33 PM

nvaccaro
#19 Print Post
Posted on 04/08/10 - 7:50 PM
Personal Page

Hey guys:

Sorry I haven't kept up, but work has been crazy. I haven't even put the Montauk in the water since my trip to Toledo Bend if I'm not mistaken. Come hell or high water, I'm going to find God on the water Sunday.

About the gathering. I am insanely ready to get this together. I can make pretty much any weekend available to gathering. I am attending the rendezvous that CES has been posting about so that weekend is out for me.

Anyone interested, please post your open dates on this thread or pm me. I'll compare the dates and get back to everyone.

I do have a friend that owns a bar with pier on the water in Madisonville. It is located right near the mouth of the Tchefuncta River where it dumps into the lake. I think it would be a perfect place. If anyone has a better suggestion, I open to it and am more than willing to travel to a better location if someone else has something better.

Thanks for all of the interest. I am looking forward to meeting you guys.

Tharsheblows, I hope you have been well.

Thanks.

Nick

nvaccaro
#20 Print Post
Posted on 05/14/10 - 6:20 PM
Personal Page

Bump. bump.

Anyone out there?

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 27, 2024 - 8:50 PM
Users Online
Welcome
sbfarrelly
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 12
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,026
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 550
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.21 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,117,334 unique visits