View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Greenwood Lake Run August 1
joninnj
#1 Print Post
Posted on 07/07/09 - 1:46 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 3

Second Call for Aug 1 at Greenwood lake NY/NJ

Hello all

So Far this is what we have for August 1 /with Rain date of the next day Sunday. Let me know if I missed anyone. Looks like Aug 1 is the best date.

Revenge Family
Scrimshaw
Edmaude (part of the day)
HArley FXDL
Lucky Dog
Whaler Sal for the Sunday the 9th if it rains

How about some of you long Island Guys, Matt, Dan, Art. Not too far and the fresh water will do you some good...:-)

FYI, Greenwood lake is about 1 hour north west of NYC with many ramps around the lake.

Jon in NJ
Many other boats and outboards in my boating history
The Whaler is the one I like the best!!!

RevengeFamily
#2 Print Post
Posted on 07/07/09 - 5:38 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 2

Hey Jon,

Yes I'm there. The fresh water is a great giver of life to outboards... Run my Revenge in both frsh and salt, when she hits the frsh water I can just hear her say "ahhhhh" .

What time do you think we should start? I hope to be up and over the mountain about 0800... Maybe you can bring the wake board for the kids to try. I'm going to bring the tube. They are in and out of the boat all day. They always sleep great afterwards...

Thinking of buying a Stainless grill. May be able to do burgers and dogs for those interested, Will see, trying to convince the "Admiral" it's worth it.

Norm

joninnj
#3 Print Post
Posted on 07/10/09 - 4:54 AM
Personal Page

UPDATE Greenwood Lake Run

And for those of us who missed the Manhattan run:

OK so far two more of us, who say August 1 is a possibility

Eri
Whaler DAn

Revenge Family
Scrimshaw
HArley FXDL
Lucky Dog

Matt, Art some fresh water... Think about it...:-)

Two weeks to go!!!

Jon in NJ

joninnj
#4 Print Post
Posted on 07/20/09 - 4:21 AM
Personal Page

UPDATE Greenwood Lake Run

Hello All, thought I would send out a reminder for any thinking about joining us on the August. Should be a fun laid back day.

I am hoping for anyone interested in joining us to confirm by this weekend. Depending how many of us trailer in it may be a good idea to try to make a reservation at a ramp or a least be prepared with a few in mind. I will do this once I am sure of who is coming. I noticed yesterday at the Moosehead ramp (where I moor) that is closed to due to a big crowd and no parking but that was at 1PM.

How does 11 Am to 5 PM sound for everyone. Meet at the south end of the lake just south of FOX Island toward the west shore. Very clam part of the lake and shallow 7 or 8 feet. At 12:30 or so cruise around the lake at a slow pace and back to the Fox Island at about 2:30 to anchor and have fun. I would be happy to
pull anyone interested in wake boarding or skiing tubing.

If anyone has portable grills that mount on rails that would a good thing for all to know, maybe a few burgers and dogs...:-)

Please feel free to PM me.

Edited by joninnj on 07/20/09 - 4:23 AM
Jon in NJ

RevengeFamily
#5 Print Post
Posted on 07/20/09 - 5:41 PM
Personal Page

We were there yesterday, Saw a few unidentified Whalers, They're probably not good "Whaler Central" members.... LOL

The water was 75* and the kids swam all day.

Norm

edmaude
#6 Print Post
Posted on 07/20/09 - 6:18 PM

Comments: 0

I am hoping to at least catch up with you guys when you are under way prior to noon. I need to be on the road with boat in tow though no later than 12:30

Should be fun........

joninnj
#7 Print Post
Posted on 07/20/09 - 6:33 PM
Personal Page

RevengeFamily wrote:
We were there yesterday, Saw a few unidentified Whalers, They're probably not good "Whaler Central" members.... LOL

The water was 75* and the kids swam all day.

Norm

Are you referring to Ellie the killer Maltese..:-)

Jon in NJ

themclos
#8 Print Post
Posted on 07/23/09 - 9:55 AM
Personal Page
Project Albums

What a great idea. This would have been the perfect opportunity to splash our new to us 22 Outrage Cuddy, but we will be leaving for vacation the next day.

I look forward to seeing pictures and perhaps catching up with all of you another time.

We are hoping to salvage our boating season the remainder of August and into the fall

Dan

Dan
1986 22 Outrage Cuddy, 2002 225HP Optimax

scrimshaw
#9 Print Post
Posted on 07/27/09 - 5:55 AM

Jon,unfortunately I will miss the gathering on Saturday as we've secured another Island Campsite on Lake George and will be traveling upstate Thursday.
Hope all have fun !!

joninnj
#10 Print Post
Posted on 07/27/09 - 1:09 PM
Personal Page

LAST Call for Aug 1 at Greenwood lake NY/NJ

Hello all

So Far this is what we have for August 1 /with Rain date of the next day Sunday. Let me know if I missed anyone. Let keep an eye on the weather...

Eri
Whaler DAn
Revenge Family Confirmed
HArley FXDL Confirmed
Lucky Dog

Jon in NJ

luckydog
#11 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/09 - 12:53 PM
Personal Page

Well it's allways something. I had the boat out yesterday and all seemed fine. After trailering it home I smelled gas while running on the muffs. I pulled the motor cover off to find my fuel pump spitting gas. The diaphram must have torn. So, two big "ifs" 1- If I can find a rebuild kit and 2- If the weather lets up, I will try to get it togeather. We have some fierce storms rolling through right now. So as of right now I am not going to make it Saturday. The weather for Saturday looks perfect to, I may change the name of my boat to "Not So Lucky Dog".

edmaude
#12 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/09 - 2:37 PM

Looks like I will be taking a pass as well due to Mechanical issues and lack of free time on Saturday morning.

I was out on the lake on Monday and boat ran great and then no oil alarm kept going off and engine was not getting fuel. Checked all lines and even had the mechanic Keith from Emerald Point look at the boat and came up with no solution other than potential VRO pump failure.

I limped the boat from one end of the lake to the other pumping both fuel and oil bulbs to keep her running, hopefully did not damage the engine in the process.......

RevengeFamily
#13 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/09 - 5:59 PM
Personal Page

Lucky and Ed,

I know the feeling. I just picked up my short block today from the UPS freight building in Montgomery, NY. That's for my Conquest with the Mercs. Good thing I had'nt sold the Revenge. She's running well and I will salvage most of the summer with her. Should have the Conquest back in the water within 2 weeks. Instead of "Fish Magnet" the CQ should be called the "Money Magnet". Good luck with your repairs, hope to see you guys on Saturday.

Norm

MW
#14 Print Post
Posted on 07/30/09 - 2:21 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 10

I'd love to go but, I gotta get those trailer bearing's done. Thank-You for the Invite. Everytime I miss these thing's I feel like the kid sitting in the class room that got "Side Lined" from recess for being bad.

Matt

HarleyFXDL
#15 Print Post
Posted on 08/02/09 - 6:42 AM
Personal Page
Project Albums

Comments: 30

Had a great day, family loved the lake. Thanks to Norm and Jon for showing us the lake. I just might make Greenwood lake our regular spot for boating. I like the thought of boating in fresh water rather than salt. Lots of things to see and do.

Kevin
1988 11' Super Sport, 1987 Johnson 15hp.
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance
"Vegetarian - old Indian word for bad fisherman."

RevengeFamily
#16 Print Post
Posted on 08/02/09 - 12:12 PM
Personal Page

Kevin,

Nice to see you yesterday. Next time you plan on heading to the lake shoot me an email. Your wife will learn to love that Whaler. Especially if you use it on the lake. Unfortunately yesterday was my wifes one weekend this month to work.

You have a great looking boat. I'm sure when your done with it, she'll be showroom quality.

Best of luck,

Norm

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 13, 2024 - 10:06 PM
Users Online
Welcome
Onthelake
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 15
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,085
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,627
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.21 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,416,232 unique visits