View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
New Dauntless 16 Owner Question
lefty93
#1 Print Post
Posted on 09/05/06 - 7:27 PM

Comments: 0

I am the proud and pleased owner of a 02 Dauntless 16. I have the Comfort Package. My question relates to what I think is an accessory for the Dauntless. I saw in a picture of a Dauntless a small table-like structure that was in the rear just in front of and between the two stern seats. It looked like it was on a post and placed into the stern fishing/pedestal seat hole. The top of the table seemed to have very shallow cup-holder outlines (sort of like the seat back tray tables on an airliner). This looked like it would be a very convenient thing to have for eating on the boat. The problem is I can't find it in any of the Boston Whaler parts or catalogues or manuals. Does anybody know anything about this type of accessory? I have checked EBay and other places to no avail. I thought it might be a standing platform for fishing, but I don't see it as part of the Fising Package for the Dauntless. Perhaps it was custom made for the boat I saw in the picture. If anyone can give me any leads as to where I can get one of these I would be most appreciative. Thanks in advance for any information.

doug_in_NS
#2 Print Post
Posted on 09/05/06 - 8:40 PM

Hi Lefty,

Sounds like a custom job to me but would love to know about any source for misc accessories that work for the Dauntless 160. Just bought an 06 for use on the ocean here in Nova Scotia and am looking into options for custom canvas for the boat. Couldn't even find a supplier with a pattern for the Dauntless.

Also interested in hearing about people who have a Doel-fin or Whale-tail installed on their boats. I have a 115 Merc 4-stroke and seems too heavy for the boat, hard to keep on plane unless going fairly fast (but it does go FAST!) Need to plane slower to pull kids on tubes and cruise harbours.

Any suggestions welcome

Joe Kriz
#3 Print Post
Posted on 09/05/06 - 11:01 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

lefty,

Whaler had two types of tables that I know of, maybe 3, that mounted into the stern receptacle of the some Outrage and Dauntless models. They also made a fish/bait station that fit in this same receptacle along with a ski plyon.

Here is one version of the table made of teak that is on this site in the OEM Photo Section. These also came in white starboard.
http://www.whalercentral.com/photogal...?photo=321

There is also an installation diagram of the fish/bait station located on this site in the downloads section here.
http://www.whalercentral.com/download...p?cat_id=6

Edited by Joe Kriz on 09/06/06 - 6:23 PM

lefty93
#4 Print Post
Posted on 09/06/06 - 5:57 PM

Thanks, Joe, for your prompt and informative reply. I looked at those photos you mentioned and that looks like what I am after.

What would you suggest would be my best chance to find one? Should I try the parts department of BW dealers. Would they know what I was talking about? My understanding is BW dealers are not very accomodating for this type of request. I can't seem to find any such item or reference on the BW website. EBay also doesn't seem to have it. Is there any other source for parts for previous Whaler models? Thanks again.

lefty93
#5 Print Post
Posted on 09/06/06 - 6:02 PM

Doug,

Thanks for your response. Congratulations on your new Dauntless 16. I am impressed that you will be running it in the ocean. I will be running mine on Michigan inland lakes as well as Lake Michigan (which is big enough to get ocean-like at times). It's a great boat for either application.

I will let you know about any source I find for miscellaneous Whaler parts.

Joe Kriz
#6 Print Post
Posted on 09/06/06 - 6:27 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Lefty,

That table may be hard to find. The person I bought the teak version from had both models I could choose from. Of course I bought the teak one as I wanted it to match the rest of my boat. I ended up selling the table because I never used it.

I believe it is called a "Folding Cockpit Table".
You might start off by calling Sue Lodell at Twin Cities Marine.
If she can't find one, I would start calling all Boston Whaler dealers.
Here is a list of boat dealers that either were, or are, Boston Whaler dealers.
http://www.whalercentral.com/viewpage...page_id=24

OK, I found a small photo of this "Folding Cockpit Table' or "Cockpit Table" on page 16 of the 1997 Boston Whaler catalog. I know this is the 1997 catalog and you have a 2002 Dauntless, but it should work.

Edited by Joe Kriz on 09/06/06 - 6:39 PM

lefty93
#7 Print Post
Posted on 09/06/06 - 6:57 PM

Thanks, again, Joe. Those are great leads. Coincidently, I just noticed that the boat I saw the table on is for sale at Twin Lakes Marine! So they should know what I am talking about. I will call them tomorrow. With your great help I think I am getting closer . . . .

lefty93
#8 Print Post
Posted on 09/12/06 - 7:04 PM

Joe,

Your advice to contact Sue Lodell at Twin Cities Marine was a great idea. She was very helpful and we finally figured out what would work for a cockpit table for my boat. She ordered it from BW and it should be on its way. Sue cheerfully went above and beyond the call of duty, even running out to their showroom to take pictures of a cockpit table on another model and emailing them to me so we could figure out what I needed. I will certainly be contacting Sue for any parts I need in the future. Thanks again for your helpful advice.

Joe Kriz
#9 Print Post
Posted on 09/12/06 - 7:26 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Lefty,

Anytime. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Now, please send us some photos of your new table when you get it along with a part number so someone in the future won't have to go through what you just went through. OK?
I will post the photos in the OEM Photo Section...

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 21, 2024 - 6:32 AM
Users Online
Welcome
futuredauntless
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 11
· Members Online: 1
· Total Members: 50,110
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.21 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,561,563 unique visits