View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
1969 Nauset need some advice
Miss Adventure
#1 Print Post
Posted on 05/28/09 - 7:24 PM

Comments: 0

I have a 1969 Nauset, always thought it was just called a montauk until i started searching the net for some new parts and joined whalercentral this evening... Have had it 15 years now and still love it. I have the original fixed bench seat that i restored right after i bought it. It used to also have another seat attached to the back of the bench facing opp direction but the wood was so rotted when purchased that i just took it off. the consule was rotted as well but i used it as a template and a carpenter friend made me a new one salvaging a few of the old pieces. THe wind shield is this plexi-glass piece of junk that came with the boat and was an add on. The orginal nauset windshield is gone. After 15 years i think my boat deserves a make over... I saw that this site has the parts drawings (http://www.whalercentral.com/download...nloads.php) for the nauset consule, windscreen and bench seat. I tried to download it but my computer said that there was a problem with the file itself. What to do? I am sure it is not my computer that is the problem.... any thoughts? Does anyone know of any nauset windshields for sale or the whole consule?

And one last question I am thinking of re-sealing the inside and outside of the boat as it is riddled with spider cracks. Any expert opinions on this and what is best application? Emron paint etc...

I just waxed up the inside and outside last weekend and the luster of the blue hull is just not there anymore no matter how much waxing. Boat has been out of water for 2 years as I have been busy with my second son, now a 2 year old, and I am the boat captain of the family... And I am soooo psyched to get it in the water this weekend!!!

From a female boston whaler lover since childhood!

Edited by Miss Adventure on 05/28/09 - 7:28 PM
BrookePfft

Ambush
#2 Print Post
Posted on 05/30/09 - 5:47 AM
Personal Page

Hey Brooke,

Yeah I had trouble downloading the 'Wood Locating' plans offered here to my comp too. It kept defaulting to my Windows Media Player which makes no sense to me at all. Didn't make much sense to Windows Media Player either, as the plans' file 'could not be opened' Hmmmm....

But......................I came across this thread>>http://www.whalercentral.com/forum/vi...post_41475 here where a gentleman is selling a complete original console and a much sought after reversable pilot seat. His price isn't cheap but it's very reasonable for the vintage and original parts. And too there is an outfit/sponsor here at WC; 'Nautical Lumber' http://www.nauticallumber.com/index.p...mp;cPath=1 that fabricates 'new' consoles and other wood accouterment.

Also, somewhere here in the archives, but I'll be darned if I can find it with the 'search' function, there was a thread referencing a retired and accomplished carpenter of fine furniture, who was a relative of a WC member, that was considering a cottage industry of custom making consoles. The prices he was kicking around seemed very reasonable. Not sure if it ever got started....................maybe another member will read this and point you in the right direction.

Good luck with your project!

Doug

Doug
Only in a Whaler!

Bo Neato
#3 Print Post
Posted on 05/30/09 - 6:29 AM

Comissioned Nauset / Eastport / Sakonnet Consoles

Source for Reproduction Nauset Console and Seat

Good luck.

Tharsheblows
#4 Print Post
Posted on 05/30/09 - 8:52 AM
Personal Page

Brooke Welcome to WhalerCentral. I have a 1970 Eastport and have just finished building and finishing all the wood components. At the time I started (2005) I don't think Nautical Lumber was offering ready made components, at least I did not notice them. I am very much a DIY person but I have to say that unless you have acess to a computer controlled cutting device. I would strongly advice using Nautical Lumber services. I had to get professonial help with the windsheld, the rabbit cuts for the glass must have a groove to accept the vinyl glazing from Petro Plastics, and the compound miters along with the reverse angle of the windshield was to much for me. I wasted a lot of fine ribbon cut mahogony plywood before I decided to swallow my pride. I don,t know if you can order just a windsheild but I would ask. I have priced out what I have on Nautical Lumbers site and believe they are very reasonable having been one to have purchased the raw materials. I notice that they hold to the original specs and use ribbon cut veneers. Bob

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 13, 2024 - 5:00 PM
Users Online
Welcome
Onthelake
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 11
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,085
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,627
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.82 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,412,334 unique visits