View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
dual console, dauntless vs Ventura comarison?
eric80
#1 Print Post
Posted on 03/20/09 - 7:00 PM

Comments: 0

Hello, would anyone be able to tell me what the difference is between a Dauntless dual console boat and a Ventura dual console boat.
ie. both are Whalers, are they the same hull just different names or ?
I'll be using in the salt mostly and my buddy says I'm nuts to buy a open bow boat for the chuck....but really, all the center console Whalers are 'open' bow aren't they? Sure the center consoles take on water and purge out with the self bailing hull.
shouldn't the dual console be the same. What am I missing?

18 Ventura
#2 Print Post
Posted on 03/23/09 - 8:45 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 0

I may have some of the dates wrong, but I can provide at least some basic info. From the mid nineties -’98, Whaler’s dual consoles were called the Dauntless. I believe they made a 16’ and 18’, and 20’ version. In ‘98/’99, Whaler introduced the DC’s as the Ventura line, but the boats remained mostly unchanged. In 2002, the Ventura was completely redesigned and became more of a deep-v bowrider type boat. The 21’-er was introduced around this time, and I think the 16’ was dropped. The Dauntless became Whaler’s line of inshore/nearshore center console boats.

The differences in the hulls between the pre-2002 and the newer models create different ride characteristics. The older Danuntless/Venturas have more of a flat hull which provides more stability while at rest. The newer deep-v’s will cut though chop better, but will bob a little more while stationary. More of a sport boat look and feel. The newer versions have a full-width folding stern seat instead of the corner aft seats, which is also a significant difference.

All of Whaler’s dual consoles are self bailing and shed water fairly effectively. A DC will also provide a little better protection against the elements. (Yes, center consoles take waves over the bow as well.) Unless you move up to the 210, however, I would not consider the Ventura to be an offshore boat. If you want a true offshore boat and you’re in the 18’-19’ range, you probably want to take a look at the Outrages.

Edited by 18 Ventura on 03/23/09 - 8:47 AM

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 21, 2024 - 10:03 AM
Users Online
Welcome
rhturner
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 9
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,111
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.14 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,563,636 unique visits