View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
where to buy outrage bow light plastic insert
In2Deep
#1 Print Post
Posted on 02/16/09 - 7:10 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 0

I have an 83 outrage 18 and need the plastic piece inside the bow lights at the base,the piece has the bulb socket built in ? Not the lens. thanks.

Jeff
#2 Print Post
Posted on 02/16/09 - 7:35 AM

Comments: 34

I think it could be next to impossible to locate that single piece. Those wilcox lights are long out of production and they are very hard to find. When they do come up for sale they bring top dollar. The only place I know of that may have one would be Joe Orlando's in Texas. He has all kinds of misc whaler parts though, if he has it it could be pricey. Here is his contact info.

Joe Orlando's Fiberglass
Boat repairs and restoration
Gelcoat work and repair
Boston Whalers
1145 FM 518, Kemah, Tx
281-334-2902

Outside of that I know specialty sells new lights that look similar for $175. Though I know another member bought the same what looks to be the same set from a local marine surplus store here in Michigan for $30. They were not in the original packaging nor was there a manufacture stamped on the part so it is still a question as to who makes them.

In2Deep
#3 Print Post
Posted on 02/16/09 - 9:49 AM
Personal Page

thanks for the info,thats what I figured,I wonder if the specialty innards would work in the OEM aluminum housing? Ill have to give them a call if I cant source a set or figure out another way of rigging up the lights.

Specialty Marine
#4 Print Post
Posted on 02/16/09 - 4:59 PM

The plastic inserts in our Outrage bow lights are the same as the original, so if you wanted to keep the aluminum cover you could do that. I can sell you a set that would include the entire assemblies, lense, base, cover, light bulb, etc. for $125. If you're interested send me an email. Thanks

Eric

info@specialtymarine.com

Jeff
#5 Print Post
Posted on 02/16/09 - 5:19 PM

There were two styles of OEM lights.

These were the early ones.

These were the later ones and I do not believe they shared the same lens nor internal parts.

Here are the lights Buckda Picked up at Wolf's Marine in the bargain bin for something like $30. I thought they were Wilcox for a long time until Dave told me they weren't. They look just like the early Outage lights.
Buckda's Light Wolf's is a wholesale warehouse and they do not stock a lot of regular items. If you are looking for something though it could be worth a call and or an email with an image of what you are looking for. Dave said they claim to have contacts for sourcing old Marinium parts but it can be hit or miss. I hope to head over there to do some bin diving in a couple weeks. I will keep an eye out.

Edited by Jeff on 02/16/09 - 7:06 PM

Jeff
#6 Print Post
Posted on 02/16/09 - 7:10 PM

I forgot about A&A as well. They are here in Michigan and supply all kinds of vintage hardware for classic wood boats. They also have had vintage whaler lights and lens for good prices. They do have more than they show on line. A call would or email to them could be fruitful as well.

http://www.classicboating.com/

Edited by Jeff on 02/16/09 - 7:10 PM

In2Deep
#7 Print Post
Posted on 02/16/09 - 7:22 PM
Personal Page

thanks alot Jeff,Im suprised how expensive the innards are from specialty,but then again they are new and come with new lenses(which I dont really need),I will email/call those 2 places and see if they have anything,and its much appreciated if you keep me in mind if you happen to go by!

Joe Kriz
#8 Print Post
Posted on 02/16/09 - 7:56 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

98Dauntless,

Now you have me confused.
You say you need the plastic piece inside the bow light.
But you don't need the lens.
I don't remember there being a plastic piece inside the lens.
I remember it being a metal socket for the light bulb. Not plastic.
Are you sure you have Wilcox bow lights?

How about a photo of what you actually need?

I have repaired several sets of Wilcox bow lights for (what I will call) the second generation. Jeff lists those links in his posts above.

Here is the Wilcox repair article. (second generation)
http://www.whalercentral.com/articles...icle_id=55

In2Deep
#9 Print Post
Posted on 02/17/09 - 4:41 AM
Personal Page

Joe,Im not describing it very clearly. My lights consist of a metal(marinium) cover,a lense,which sits on a plastic base,the plastic base has a depression in the center for the bulb socket,the whole thing sits on the bow on a thin rubber gasket. What I need it the plastic base,the previous owner somehow broke the plastic where the socket sits and siliconed them into the bow. They now dont work I believe because the sockets are corroded. Im rewiring the boat so its a good time to repair these vital lights. Hope this clears up any confusion. Thanks,Jerry

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 7, 2024 - 7:18 AM
Users Online
Welcome
jshllen1980
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 19
· Members Online: 1
· Total Members: 50,059
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.16 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,299,929 unique visits