View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Hurricane Ike
duf
#41 Print Post
Posted on 09/15/08 - 3:10 PM
Personal Page
Photo Albums

Comments: 9

Well it looks like everyone has checked in except Bob Younger and CES, so guys please let us know soonest possible your good to go, or your in trouble and what you need.

Thanks for the thoughts on Mike guys, as he was the cook at a local pub here on the Island, nice as could be, and that just graduated high school (class of 07) and didn't know where he wanted to go. But, bottom line we all have different pages in our books of life.

In the meantime, as Texas Whaler said, life goes on, hope everyone is fairing well and are safe. We tend to be happy when we're passed by on an event like this, but the aftermath for our fellow friends and Whaler family can be extensive, and your thoughts shift to others in the face of grave danger. Bottom line, hopefully we are all done with *&^%$#@$%^%^&&* hurricanes this year (sorry, i had to vent a little) and i'm taking my boat on thursday to have the 7 LB spring installed. After that, i have a nephew that wants my 225 ETEC and i may make him a deal and install twin 115's or perhaps twin 130's just because.

Hope all in this e-mail thread are safe and looking forward to much more enjoyable times!

Sincerely

Duf

Bob Younger
#42 Print Post
Posted on 09/15/08 - 3:51 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 2

Dog! What a blow! We (Missouri City) were on the West side of Ike so the wind was coming from the NW which made it drier (if you can imagine that) and not as strong (another stretch of the imagination). Our power went out Friday night and hasn't been on since. Was able to get a generator at HD Sunday so we salvaged our food and had a tolerable night. The gas for the generator came off the Whaler (one 6 gal. tank was full and the other about 1/2). Had to (manually) force the fence to the storage area open to get to the gas but 'desperate times call for desperate measures'. Oh yes, the Whaler, in covered storage, had no damage.

We have a good stock of food and LOTS of charcoal for the grill. BBQ every morning, noon and night.

Anyway, all safe and sane. Can't wait to get some power though!

duf
#43 Print Post
Posted on 09/15/08 - 4:46 PM
Personal Page
Photo Albums

Bob, you've been here done that, if you and Kathy need to a place to stay, bring it on. Both Trish and i have pleanty of room.

Duf

Blue_Northern
#44 Print Post
Posted on 09/16/08 - 7:34 AM
Personal Page
Project Albums

Comments: 5

I went down to check the house at Port A and all is well. Smile Planning to come down this weekend with the family and do a little fishing.

Rob
1973 Outrage/Lo-Pro Conversion

CES
#45 Print Post
Posted on 09/16/08 - 8:10 AM
Personal Page
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 7

Hey Duf, appreciate the concern for us up here in Dallas. We barely recieved 1/2 inch of rain and had some mild winds. In fact, our springtime squall lines that blow through here are worse than what we got from Ike.

I hope and pray that the poor folks in Galveston and Houston get help soon. Maybe the folks that stayed behind in Galveston despite the public mandatory evacutation order will heed to the orders in the future and get out when ordered to. None the less, what's done is done and I hope they get the help they need right now.

Edited by CES on 09/16/08 - 8:10 AM
Cliff
1966 13' Sport with a 1993 40hp Yamaha 2 Smoker

duf
#46 Print Post
Posted on 09/16/08 - 11:30 AM
Personal Page
Photo Albums

Glad you were out of the line of fire CES. yeah, its a real mess up there and we even have signs over the road here that says not to go to Houston.

Duf

los is 7
#47 Print Post
Posted on 09/18/08 - 7:10 PM

Comments: 0

Hey. just checking in. I faired well I lost a few shingles some fencing part of my shed. The ex-girlfriend got it bad, she
lost most of the roof shingles, she had water in the house, down fence...big time damage.
I just got power tonight 6 days later. AS I drove home tonight from checking on my folks, it was earie to see the city so dark. I am amazed at how much power is still out.
Anyway just thought I would check in.

Edited by los is 7 on 09/18/08 - 7:35 PM

RLwhaler
#48 Print Post
Posted on 09/18/08 - 10:10 PM

Comments: 4

Hey Carlos,great to hear you and your family is doing ok.
My folks have a place in Jamaica Beach,and still today, law enforcement will NOT let anyone go to their property.
Now,i'am hearing that U.S.M.C is on the island.Martial law is on the way.I'am REALLY considering taking a boat ride over there befre things gets worse.

Best,
Richard

moose
#49 Print Post
Posted on 09/19/08 - 6:43 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

Richard,
Be careful trying to go in by boat. Over here many of the landings in the flooded areas are being closed and guarded to protect the property from looters that go in by boat. Quite a few folks tried to launch off the roads and were arrested.
Mike

TexasOutrage
#50 Print Post
Posted on 09/19/08 - 7:08 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

From the pictures and news video I have seen, Jamaica Beach and the west end faired well...very little damage. Bolivar is a different story.

ioptfm
#51 Print Post
Posted on 09/19/08 - 10:28 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 3

This is one of the most indepth accounts I have seen so far on the destruction. May God be with them.

http://www.tpicks.com/pictures%20peop...%20me.html

Tom
1979 Sport 15'

los is 7
#52 Print Post
Posted on 09/19/08 - 11:38 AM

Comments: 0

Hey Richard, what a week. Do you have power yet?
Sorry to hear about your folks place on Jamaca Beach.
I have a couple of friends that lost everything. Another that used to live on Galveston and can't ge to his place for a month. Anyway glad you are dong good.
I've been working on my boat during this down time.
God bless...

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 14, 2024 - 9:05 AM
Users Online
Welcome
Onthelake
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 11
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,085
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,627
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.23 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,424,238 unique visits