View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
1997 150hp Ficht problems
finfish04
#1 Print Post
Posted on 07/30/08 - 6:47 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 0

Hi,I thought that there might be someone who may have come across this problem that I am having .My motor is a 1997 150 hp ficht Johnson.It has been running great until this failure.The motor is running as if the choke is on (there is no choke on this motor) and seems to be flooding out the engine.The top starboard cylinder (#1 I believe)is not firing despite having fuel and spark to the spark plug.I did a compression test on all the cylinders and they are all within 5 lbs of each other. The motor runs horrible and there are no codes coming up and the all the injectors pass the static test .With the motor off, I checked the pulse line on the fuel lift pump for fuel and found none.I also checked the vent line for fuel on the vapor separator and there was no fuel present as well.I have and used the ficht diagnostic computer program to no avail.I have contacted Bombardier and all I am being told is to contact a dealer BUT as I have told them There are no dealers in the area familiar with this motor anymore and the boat in not trailerable. Any help would be greatly appreciated Grin.Thank you, Dino

Marwin
#2 Print Post
Posted on 07/31/08 - 8:50 AM
Personal Page

Hi,

You could check your fuel pump for leak membrane. If so fuel will then be sucked into the cilinder via the vacuum hose driving the fuel pump.

Marwin

finfish04
#3 Print Post
Posted on 07/31/08 - 12:26 PM
Personal Page

Hi Marwin, Thank you for your reply. I just got back from the boat and it is running great again. From another web site it was recommended to do several things and one was a suggestion like yours. Just so you know you hit it right on the head. the lift pump was doing just what you said it was. I did not see fuel in the line this till I ran the motor I then bought a rebuild kit and reinstalled the pump and the motor ran great. Thank you very much for your help,Grin Dino

finfish04
#4 Print Post
Posted on 08/04/08 - 7:20 AM
Personal Page

Hi All, At my last posting I rushed to thank marwin and failed to thank DFI technologies for all their help in also setting me in the right direction. I have found not only this time but, past times as well DFI to be honest and willing to assist me in trouble shooting and in repairs as well.This time the Bombardier hot line seemed not to be willing to offer much in trouble shooting technical help.They seemed to be concentrating on pushing their dealers for repairs even when told there were no dealers in the areas that worked on the ficht anymore.Thanks once again for your help ,Dino

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 18, 2024 - 10:44 PM
Users Online
Welcome
rhall228
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 5
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,102
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.16 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,513,744 unique visits