View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Best Whaler Picture
TexasOutrage
#1 Print Post
Posted on 05/14/08 - 1:59 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

After looking at many great pictures of Whalers on this site, I had to comment on one of them. The first picture on Buckda's personal page of the 18 Outrage "Gambler" running on flat water is the best I have seen. I would love to have a "portrait" of my baby running that way. Perhaps at the Texas Memorial Day Outing with several classic Whalers running around we will capture some photos half as good.

Jeff
#2 Print Post
Posted on 05/14/08 - 2:10 PM

Comments: 34

Texas,

Thanks I shot that image on Memorial Day 2006 on Lake Michigan South of Grand Haven. That was a great day. Here are the rest of the images. That was a beautiful weekend on the water.

1993 23' Walkaround Whaler Drive

Jeff
#3 Print Post
Posted on 05/14/08 - 2:16 PM

Comments: 34

Also,

I have had this idea and talked to Joe before about it. I have through my Cafepress acount the ability to do calenders and thought we should have a "WhalerCentral" Calender contest. The Subaru Forester Website I belong do does theirs with members rides through Cafepress of and it is a nice piece.

Edited by Jeff on 05/14/08 - 2:18 PM
1993 23' Walkaround Whaler Drive

TexasOutrage
#4 Print Post
Posted on 05/14/08 - 2:37 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

Sounds like a good idea. Too bad there are only 12 months in a year. Maybe you should consider a book.....you know all the diehards on this site would want one.

I think someone had an earlier thread about a section on this site for fishing pictures. I hope we set one up....it would be nice to see how everyone uses their Whaler.

Buckda
#5 Print Post
Posted on 05/14/08 - 4:06 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 2

Thanks for the compliment! As Jeff noted, he took that photo on a crisp morning just south of Coast Guard City, Grand Haven, Michigan on Lake Michigan one Sunday morning.

One of the ABSOLUTE BEST things about rendezvous gatherings of Whaler owners is that you can share photos of each other's boat running in the area of your travels - which truly is a nice thing to have when reminiscing on a favorite trip.

The only "problem" with this is that we're all amateurs...and some are better photographers than others. Fortunately, Whaler owners seem to be blessed with an eye for the photograph. Without others' taking photos of me while underway, my personal page would be pretty static, with no action shots.

A bit of advice for you speed demons when at a rendezvous - if you run in the front of the pack all the time, you'll only have photos of your transom to share afterwards. Last weekend I had to chase another forum member pretty hard just to get some decent shots of his Montauk repowered with a 115 HP E-TEC. The shots came out pretty good - but we were running much faster than I like for taking photos.

Over beer afterwards, I mentioned it to him. He promised to slow down for photo ops on the next trip, since he wanted photos of his boat too!

I appreciate the vote - I have several favorite photos that I didn't enter into the Whaler Memories contest because I don't own the photographs - they were taken by boating buddies, and to financially gain from their use didn't seem appropriate.

Incidentally, in the interest of full disclosure, the images used in the "composite" photo at the bottom of my page were also taken by Jeff. I believe that was in November of '06, which means he bookended my season as well as my personal page photos. Thanks Jeff. Looking forward to more boating with you this year!

Edited by Buckda on 05/14/08 - 4:15 PM

Phil T
#6 Print Post
Posted on 05/14/08 - 4:25 PM
Administrator
Personal Page
Personal Album
Project Albums

Comments: 6

Dave -

Gotta laugh at your comments. So true.

After several outings I stopped hanging at the back of the pack. Got tired of all my photos showing everyone from the rear.

At one of the outings last year a member went ahead and loitered taking photos as we made a high speed pass. I took the one of me and put it at the top of my personal page.

The photos from 6 of our gatherings are on my photobucket account for those interested.

I would definitely buy a calendar.

Edited by Phil T on 05/14/08 - 4:27 PM
1992 Outrage 17 I
2019 E-TEC 90, Viper 17 2+
2018 Load Rite Elite 18280096VT

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 19, 2024 - 6:25 AM
Users Online
Welcome
Jgb333
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 8
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,103
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.20 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,518,598 unique visits