View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Bow Eye Help!!
litespeed
#1 Print Post
Posted on 03/17/06 - 6:44 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 0

Hello,

This is my first post so bare with me and pardon my ignorance. I have a local shop working on my boat. They have finally managed to finish the glass and body work to include painting the entire boat with AwlGrip.

The problem is they were a little over zealous with the repairs. In the process they managed to cover and fill the hole on the outside of the boat for the bow eye. I cannot find a picture of the front of the boat with the eye removed. I am assuming that there was a flat spot there with 2 small dimples on either side of the hole?

Right now it is shaped and painted. My plan right now is to drill from the inside straight out to have a referance to grind from.

If anyone has a picture of the bow eye removed (so I know how to shape and grind this area)????? I would really appreciate it.

Also any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. The paint on this thing is mind boggling beautiful, so I want to be sure not to screw it up.

Thanks,

AJ

Joe Kriz
#2 Print Post
Posted on 03/17/06 - 12:35 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

AJ,

The bow eye is not a straight hole. The shaft for the eye and nut is bent and angled somewhere around the middle. Don't drill a straight thru hole.
I don't have the dimensions but maybe someone else will.

litespeed
#3 Print Post
Posted on 03/17/06 - 7:50 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 0

Thanks Joe.......

That is what I was afraid of. The shop where the boat is at has lost the part. I am not happy with that..... I have new hardware to replace the old. I was just hoping to have the old bolts (rods) for templates to make new ones.

I was tempted to drill today! I'm glad I did'nt now.....

I'm wondering now if the lower drain tube (in the rear of the boat) may have been slightly bent too? There was not anything left of it.

The boat has been drying out in a garage warehouse for over 7 months.

Thanks for the input!!

AJ

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 30, 2024 - 4:00 PM
Users Online
Welcome
MillenniumMan
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 9
· Members Online: 1
· Total Members: 50,036
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 398
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.16 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,184,577 unique visits