View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Texas Gulf Coast
duf
#41 Print Post
Posted on 02/23/08 - 7:00 AM
Personal Page
Photo Albums

Comments: 9

CES, there is nothing but. The area i live is nothing but canals, and within 100 yards of my dock you could be ashore and camping! All the canals are no wake zones, but should you be allowed to haul butt, cruise time to the open water would be about 5 to 8 mins and you would be in the intercoastal. With the cruise caps, about 15 mins of idle time from my house puts you in the main channel to the intercoastal. 20 mins from my house puts you in whats called ski basin, which is a 1970's dredging job that due to the oil crisis in the 80's in Texas never completed so you have numerous "canals" and throughways that folks in the area boat, ski, pull tubers etc all go to. Thats one place i thought we could all take our Whalers to, then there is Packery Channal, which is the entrance to the Gulf, again only 15/20 min idle time and maybe 15/20 mins of cruise time and we could be on the shores of the channal parked and having a cocktail! I'm already working the logistics such as, your not allowed to launch on some of the ramps on the island unless a local resident, so i've contacted the island (not nice word) to get a permit of sorts to allow Whaler Central members a weekend pass to park vehicles and trailers. So things are already moving along for a memorial weekend outing. To get a jump on the trip, i would suggest anyone serious about attending should say so and put their e-mail address up. That way Bob and I can get a semi firm count of attendees and we can start communicating via e-mail and not by thread. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Duf Cool

Joe Kriz
#42 Print Post
Posted on 02/24/08 - 10:57 AM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

My wife and I just got back from Miami and the Florida Keys.

Our next trip is going to be the Texas Gulf so we might be interested in an event in Texas sometime but probably not this soon. We are still re-cooperating from this trip.

However, please get some dates together for the people that might be flying in for the occasion.
I might try to fly in but can't finalize the plans without dates.

If you folks plan a get together after this one, please let everyone know.
If I don't make this trip, I would like to make the next one.

duf, please use the threads for this kind of stuff so everyone knows what is going on.
You never know, Mike and I might show up at one of these or I might bring my wife too.
I would however need to catch a ride from someone who has extra room in their Whaler.

Edited by Joe Kriz on 02/24/08 - 3:14 PM

jvz
#43 Print Post
Posted on 02/24/08 - 3:59 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 10

I bet you had a great time in the keys .... Has anyone done the Whaler round up run from Ft. Lauderdale to Bimini Bahama ? Last year it was around July 11th - 15 ... If you make it to one of the Texas dates you are welcome to hitch a ride on the Outrage ....

Bob Younger
#44 Print Post
Posted on 02/24/08 - 5:07 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 2

We're on for Memorial Day! See the new thread Texas Memorial Day Get Together. Let's use it specifically for that event.

duf
#45 Print Post
Posted on 02/24/08 - 5:31 PM
Personal Page
Photo Albums

Joe, no problem from my end utilizing this thread for communications. Bob and i discussed it, and thought it may not be acceptable to running this thread for a meeting in Texas. I'm good with extending it, as i'm sure Bob is.

Duf

duf
#46 Print Post
Posted on 02/24/08 - 5:33 PM
Personal Page
Photo Albums

Slight adjustment as we move to the new thread of Bobs, "Texas Gulf Coast Get Together"!!

Duf

alexandrides
#47 Print Post
Posted on 02/24/08 - 7:26 PM

Comments: 0

As a former resident of Corpus, a former Montauk (out of the box from Gulf Coast Marine) and current restorer of another Montauk, I would like to join fellow Whaler afficionados!

My email address is alexandrides1@netzero.com. Look forward to it!
Smile

Joe Kriz
#48 Print Post
Posted on 02/26/08 - 12:00 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

Please see this new thread for people that plan to attend.
http://www.whalercentral.com/forum/vi...ad_id=3416

alexandrides, (and anyone else)
Please put your name on the new list of people that plan on attending.

I have closed this thread so it does not get confusing for people that wish to sign up.

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 14, 2024 - 4:01 AM
Users Online
Welcome
Onthelake
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 5
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,085
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,627
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.21 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,420,703 unique visits