View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Personal Page Parameters?
danedg
#1 Print Post
Posted on 01/28/06 - 6:47 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 6

Dear Joe,
As a new member, I'm impressed with WC, it's scope, purpose and content.
For the last couple of years, I've undertaken the documentation of the Family history, archiving hundreds of old photo's and slides into a digital storehouse, that I hope will survive better than a Polaroid...time will tell.
Central to our families' experience, has been our '63 Nauset, now under my care.
I recently have created a 5 page narrative including 6 jpg images on MS Works, chronicling this important "member" of our family.
I'm unsure if I can create a personal page with the work I've already done, or that it might be too large for a "page space".
How do I determine if this baby will not exceed the parameters of a new personal page? Could I submit as an article?
Your thoughts would be helpful...
Thanks,
Dan

Mike
#2 Print Post
Posted on 01/28/06 - 7:55 AM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 1

Dan,

Thanks for registering and for the compliments on the site.

That's quite a project you have going there.

Using the personal pages should be no problem for you. The parameters for the personal pages are:

Photo size = 100480 bytes
Number of photos = 25

The photo size is sufficient for most photos. We have found that using image dimensions of 640px x 480px to be the best for viewing on these pages, although 800px x 600px will work. We find that anything larger requires many folks to scroll up and down, side to side which detracts from the viewing pleasure.

If you need to resize the photos and use a windows machine there is a free photo manipulation application Irfanview. It can be downloaded here. http://www.irfanview.com/ It's easy to install and to use and does a nice job of editing.

Mike

Edited by Mike on 01/28/06 - 8:23 AM

Joe Kriz
#3 Print Post
Posted on 01/28/06 - 9:36 AM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

Dan,

Check out my Personal Page under "Joes Whalers and Fishing Adventures"

There you can see that you can create different pages within your own page. I have 5 pages.
Also check out the third page where you can click on a photo to take you to a completely different page within the site or off the site. I have several of these links pointing to other pages that are off site but still about Whalers.

I hope this helps give you some ideas and look forward to seeing some of your Whaler photos.

Edited by Joe Kriz on 01/28/06 - 9:53 AM

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 30, 2024 - 4:30 PM
Users Online
Welcome
MillenniumMan
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 8
· Members Online: 1
· Total Members: 50,036
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 398
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.16 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,184,962 unique visits