View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
1976/2019 13 Sport, Custom Resto-Mod
Rinkidink
#1 Print Post
Posted on 04/15/24 - 1:03 PM

Comments: 0

Hi everyone - Somewhat of a sad day as I’ve finally decided to list a very special 1976 13 Sport for sale. The main listing is on Facebook marketplace although I figured it might be well received amongst members on here. I’m not sure the title Resto-mod is 100% accurate however it is certainly not original. 2018 is when the overhaul was done.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/...tid=6ojiHh

This was my childhood boat and sat for many years before I decided to restore it for my kids. Definitely a labor of love which received a lot of thought and care. We were only able to use it a few times before moving and unfortunately it doesn’t make sense to bring it with us. Currently in covered storage in north-central Florida area. Below are the core details although there is a lot more which true classic whaler fans would appreciate:

Hull was stripped, soft spots filled and repaired where needed, fared and sprayed with Awlgrip in 2018. Eggshell color interior and hull bottom with Jet Black hull sides - “Killer Whaler” color scheme. Paint is near perfect with very minor imperfections.

The interior was custom built, based on the Super Sport template, using new mahogany timber. Some modifications were made to make it more comfortable for adults including a higher console, more knee clearance and the steering wheel mounted on top with a tilting bezel. Brass wood screws (countersunk) and bedding compound was used instead of the stainless screws with washers so everything is clean and flush. Custom cushions were designed with modern foam and a high back for the aft bench seat, using bright white vinyl with black piping. The seats are comfortable for adults. My father has a chronic back pain and he was comfortable during sea-trial rides.

The electrical was kept basic with only power take-off for the new running lights. All wiring is concealed and neat. The battery has been relocated under the console and downsized to a AGM PWC battery to save weight. There is a 10 gal fuel tank under the forward thwart seat. This has improved the balance of the boat tremendously.

In 2020 I sourced a 2018 Yamaha F40, that was still in the crate, and installed it so the cavitation plate aligned with the hull bottom. As I’ve read many times on this group, this truly reduces lower unit drag and improved planing and handling. The prop is a stainless Turning Point Express. With this engine, propeller and weight distribution, this boat will plane out and cruise with 4 adults and 2 kids with gear. With 1-2 adults it is very smooth, quiet and comfortable. It’s plenty fast without being dangerous and uncontrollable. Engine had just gone through the 1st 100 hr service before going into storage. Should be around 150 hours although I’m not 100%.

Includes a working trailer, heavy duty trailerable Stamoid cover, misc parts and consumables, and a spare prop ( aluminum - pitched for hole shot and heavy loads )

I work in South Florida and the boat is located in North/Central Florida. Buyer responsible for pickup.

$15.900

Edited by Rinkidink on 04/16/24 - 8:47 AM

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 2, 2024 - 6:32 PM
Users Online
Welcome
andresj
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 15
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,043
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 398
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.12 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,225,961 unique visits