View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Thinking of upgrading to outrage 370 from 305
jc69
#1 Print Post
Posted on 09/23/23 - 12:07 AM

Comments: 0

Hi from Australia

I have a 2005 305 conquest which I’ve had for about 4 years. I love the boat apart from the fuel economy right now with petrol prices here. I live in perth and use it to fish, surf and take the family to Rottnest island about 20kms from our harbour. It’s also a 40 min ride down river from my yacht club. Coming home late on a hot day with the sun in the west can be taxing with the ride back up river.

There is a 2010 370 outrage advertised for sale and I have the opportunity to go thirds with my two cousins. They’re asking A$530k and I could probably get $250k for mine so I would actually make money swapping over for a third.

Plus we have a fishing company jetty in Fremantle harbour we can store the boat at for free, 20 mins from Rottnest without the river slog not to mention saving on yacht club fees every year and petrol from the river hike. That said the outrage runs 2020 3x400 verados. Way more than my current 2x250’s but whatever.

Obviously the 370 is a very different boat given size, space, handling, centre console versus cockpit and lounge configuration of the conquest. I’ll admit that the lounge set up is great to get out of the sun and Seabreeze when you need to late on a summers day especially if overnighting on the island which I’ll admit doesn’t happen often.

The conquest is also stored on a custom trailer at the club out of the water with a full cover on. I like that as I’m pretty fussy with maintenance. But it’s a hassle putting it in and out with the club tractor. Takes 30-45 mins in and out each time. I’d like to think I will trail the boat up north to some of our gaming fishing spots but the reality is it needs a truck to tow it at fair cost given our coastal distances so that’s unlikely.

The wife says “whatever you want to do” which I like. There are so many advantages to the 370 that I can see given I can store it at the harbour versus the club, however the two main things I wonder about are:
- is the boat dry enough when coming back from the island in a swell and stiff Seabreeze with a few people on board ?
- would it be worth investing in a set of storm covers as I have seen on some outrages
- we do love the lounge set up especially when my wife wants to read out of the sun or the kids hang out with their friends there. That said the outrage obviously has a large sun lounge.
- amount of storage space
- how comfortable is the sleeping berth. The conquest lounge is uncomfortable and the under cockpit area is very tight and claustrophobic for two people

I’d love to know if people have had the benefit of owning both or riding both and provide feedback in relation to their or anyone else’s views on each and the outrage especially in those types of conditions.

Many thanks

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 2, 2024 - 9:49 AM
Users Online
Welcome
andresj@bellsouth
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 6
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,043
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 398
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.13 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,219,038 unique visits