View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
New 150 Montauk
PatrickInEverett
#1 Print Post
Posted on 10/13/21 - 9:48 PM
Personal Page
Personal Album

Comments: 0

I am happy to report that after seven months of waiting, I took delivery of my 2022 150 Montauk two weeks ago. For all my frustration with the process, I have to say that I love the boat. This is my first boat, and I think it was an excellent choice. The main reason I chose the 150 over the 170 is that it fits in my garage and I can tow it with my little Subaru Forester. This makes ownership pretty cheap and easy. I wanted a boat that I could easily handle all by myself, and this is definitely it. The dealer gave me a free lesson with a Coast Guard licensed captain. The guy was generous with his time. We did lots of docking and undocking drills, especially into the wind. We also covered launching, recovering, and pivot turns. I learned a lot about the nooks and crannies of the ship canals in Seattle. See my personal page for photos.

In the first two weeks I put nearly eight hours on the engine, and completed my burn in process. I also love that it's so maneuverable and easy to handle, both at sea and on the trailer. I love the utility of it. I plan to try my hand at fishing and crabbing next year. I also plan to just explore the local rivers and sloughs with friends. As small as it is, it's really a "go anywhere" boat. I plan to visit all our beautiful mountain lakes with it as well as islands in Puget Sound. Now the weather is crap, but at least I got to use it a little before winter. This winter I can outfit it like I want, get some more boater training, watch a lot of YouTube videos about fishing, learn how to use my Axiom 7, and research places to go in the spring.

I've always heard that new boats have a lot of issues, but my boat seems to work perfectly and perform exactly as promised. I've only had one issue. After I took it in saltwater the first time, I tried to use one of those earmuff things to flush the engine with a hose. I couldn't get it to pee though. Finally I gave up and took it to a local lake, where I backed the trailer into the water and ran the engine for five minutes. There it peed just fine. Maybe I'll use a big bucket next time.

It's also interesting that they made a couple of minor changes for 2022. One is that you now get a spare trailer tire standard. They also replaced the two plain gauges with one multipurpose one. It doesn't look as cool, but it's a lot more useful. In addition to the big round tach, it has a small digital display at the bottom. You can use it to check engine RPM digitally, battery voltage, engine time, and a few other things. I find it quite handy.

Edited by PatrickInEverett on 10/13/21 - 9:51 PM

Phil T
#2 Print Post
Posted on 10/14/21 - 5:04 AM
Administrator
Personal Page
Personal Album
Project Albums

Comments: 6

Congratulations!

Can you take a photo of the dash with the new display and upload it.

1992 Outrage 17 I
2019 E-TEC 90, Viper 17 2+
2018 Load Rite Elite 18280096VT

PatrickInEverett
#3 Print Post
Posted on 10/14/21 - 7:05 PM
Personal Page
Personal Album

Phil T wrote:
Congratulations!

Can you take a photo of the dash with the new display and upload it.

Done.

tone4994
#4 Print Post
Posted on 10/18/21 - 2:55 PM

it took 7 months for my 2021 150 montauk it got delivered april 2021 and i love it i already put over 65 hours in 6 months the only problem was this weekend 10-16-21 i smell fuel and it was leaking from the top fuel tank inlet or out let top fitting on the moeller 12 gallon fuel tank.. the bottom setting nut that has two little slits at the bottom of the fitting of the fuel tank was a little loose so i tightened it a little but did not want to strip the threads..still leaking..and yes i have the fuel exhaust open on the fuel cap to let out the pressure out..thank goodness no one was smoking ..i was told at the marina this could be very dangerous because of the fumes and because i have a boat cover at all times after i use my boat..been trying to get ahold of the warranty company since i had my new boat for 6 months..but otherwise the boat is running great here in the ocean here in southern california with our beautiful weather all year long..if anyone has experienced this problem please let me know..i'm also a first time boater and i love my Boston whaler

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 29, 2024 - 6:57 AM
Users Online
Welcome
Liberty1976
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 13
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,029
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,627
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 550
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.16 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,147,086 unique visits