View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
My New Menemsha
boatgeek77
#21 Print Post
Posted on 04/06/23 - 5:50 PM

Comments: 0

This is the my Menemsha that I have been restoring. The original manual would be a great addition to my project. Thanks!

Edited by boatgeek77 on 04/06/23 - 6:05 PM

Adk_menemsha
#22 Print Post
Posted on 10/03/23 - 8:21 PM

Comments: 0

Weatherly wrote:
I am very familiar with the Boston Whaler Menemsha 16 boat. I have an original copy of the model's owners manual and I will send you a copy.

You have a project boat for sure. Dontate's comment was spot on regarding how long it will take you to refurbish your vessel.

Your hull sits really low in the water. The first task I recommend to you is to weigh your boat. As a reference, the Menemsha hull sans outboard should weigh @ 1300 lbs.

The outboard motor is not installed properly. The nut bolts are fastened only to the upper outboard motor bracket. The outboard is also mounted too low. You can read many of the threads on this site about properly fastening and mounting height for an outboard motor on the 16 hull.

The control cables also appear to be too short. When you turn the wheel all the way to starboard, the short length of the cables may prevent you from making a full starboard turn.

It is possible to remove all of the paint applied to the gelcoat surfaces. It will take you a very long time. I removed paint successfully from the cockpit of a 16 hull. The results were very good. I found there was no substitute or short cut in removing the paint, other than using 220 grit wet sandpaper by hand and lots of water in a bucket mixed with a small amount dawn ultra, to lube the process.

The cabin has mold on the superstructure so a diluted bleach product should be used to abate that organism.

I see the two original trademark decals are present. You can lightly wet sand the decals to reveal a nice red original color. Keeping the decals original enhances value of your vessel.

The original bollard is missing. So is the red/green navigation bow light. A light was installed atop the cabin.

I also have the original Mills Canvas instruction sheet for the canvas set that was offered on the Menemsha. The original color of the canvas was tan, now called toast sunbrella offered by Mills. I can send you a copy of that document too.

I would love to buy a copy of the Owner’s Manual and the canvas instruction sheet. I am in the process of ordering canvas from mills and that would be a life saver! My email is in my profile.

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 27, 2024 - 12:35 AM
Users Online
Welcome
Crumfactor
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 5
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,024
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 550
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.15 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,100,960 unique visits