View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Will factory Raymarine Axiom 9RV work well with Minn Kota iPilot?
rdewers
#1 Print Post
Posted on 03/24/21 - 11:35 AM

Comments: 0

Hi, I have a 2021 Montauk 190 on order and am trying to decide if I should get the factory electronics or not. I have a Minn Kota Terrova 80 trolling motor and Humminbird Helix 8 chartplotter already on my old boat.

I could either:

1) Order the Montauk without electronics, meaning I'd have to install the Helix 8 in the dash as well as the transducer. This would get me the contour tracking and perhaps other features of the iPilot, but be a lot of work.

2) Order the Montauk with the factory Raymarine Axiom 9RV, save myself a lot of work, but lose TBD capabilities of the iPilot motor. I assume I'd still have spotlock, but lose a lot of the fancier features?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Schuyler84
#2 Print Post
Posted on 06/13/21 - 4:00 AM
Personal Page
Project Albums

Comments: 2

rdewers,

At the time of this response, only Humminbird fishfinding/chartplotting products will support any possible sharing of tracks and controlling the functions associated with Humminbird trolling motors. Third party fishfinding products, including Raymarine products, are limited to displaying sonar imagery associated with Humminbird trolling motors featuring a built in transducer. Raymarine offers a transducer adapter cable to permit the Axiom/Axiom Pro MFDs as well as a/c/e/eS-Series MFDs to be used such Humminbird transducers.

1988 Super Sport 15 & 2021 Yamaha F70LA

"The sea is selective; slow at recognition of effort and aptitude, but fast in sinking the unfit." - Riesenberg

Jcrgus
#3 Print Post
Posted on 07/06/21 - 7:11 AM

Comments: 0

Hi

A word of caution on the Raymarine MFD supplied by whaler. See my post in electronics: "150 Montauk MFD selection". Whaler seems too busy to update their electronics specifications section for new Montauks. So, you can't tell from their site what model MFD you will get.

I believe there is a good chance you would not get the Raymarine AXIOM+ but simply the AXIOM. Search Panbo on the web and then search AXIOM. you will find a good article on the significant improvements of the + model. You should avoid getting the earlier model. Because of my uncertainty I did not order the Raymarine unit with my new Whaler and last week searched the web to buy the Raymarine AXIOM+, Many sites were selling the simple AXIOM and a few the AXIOM+. I ordered mine from Defender and it is back ordered. It may be a display availability (supply) problem or something similar that precludes the + model being for readily for sale.

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 3, 2024 - 4:46 AM
Users Online
Welcome
3dhomer
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 7
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,044
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 398
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.17 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,235,197 unique visits