View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
PNW Whaler Newbie
GFC
#1 Print Post
Posted on 05/07/14 - 5:36 PM

Comments: 0

Hi All,
I've been a lurker here for just a week or two so I figured it was time to jump in and say "Hello" to everyone.

We bought our Whaler in April, 2014. It's a 2010 130 Super Sport that looks brand new. It has the standard 40hp Merc on the stern and, according to the prior owner, the motor probably only has about 10 hours on it. It looks that new because the paint is still like new on the lower unit and prop. The PO used it as a tender for his bigger boat and the Whaler spent most of its life in his garage when it wasn't perched on his flybridge. The trailer the PO used with the Whaler was a bit on the lightweight side so I just bought a new EZ Loader trailer for it.

We're also going to use it as a tender but will be towing it behind our other boat, a Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge. We've only had the Whaler out twice so far, both times for short runs of an hour or so just to see how it runs.

The PO added a fish finder and small Garmin GPS. One thing we want to add is a decent stereo. There isn't a lot of room on the console to mount one so if any of you have the same boat and have mounted a stereo, please let me know how you did it.

We do our boating on the Columbia and Snake Rivers but we are planning a trip around the coast of Washington to spend a summer in the waters of Puget Sound, the San Juan Islands and up into the Canadian Gulf Islands and the Broughtons.

I've been a boater for over 60 years, starting at age 5 with a row boat on Lake Huron. We both have taken the WA Safe Boating Course even though I was grandfathered in because of my highly elevated age!

So, that's about it. I just wanted to introduce myself and say "Hello" to y'all.

GFC

Edited by GFC on 05/07/14 - 5:37 PM

aeriksen
#2 Print Post
Posted on 05/07/14 - 5:38 PM

Comments: 0

Take a look at Fusion marine radios, good product.

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 18, 2024 - 12:34 PM
Users Online
Welcome
rhall228
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 7
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,102
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.20 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,506,947 unique visits