View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Whaler Dealers with Best Inventory
Fishguy
#1 Print Post
Posted on 02/23/14 - 7:58 AM

Comments: 0

Looking for Whaler dealers that have a good inventory of new Whalers for sale that are actually on site to see. Several of the mid Atlantic dealers advertise Whalers as "in stock" and actually have very few boats on site to offer! One time I drove three hours to a Maryland dealer that advertises an extensive fleet of Whalers "in stock". They had three on site, all the rest were "in stock" at the factory. Any recommendations will be much appreciated!

Silentpardner
#2 Print Post
Posted on 02/23/14 - 9:26 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

If I were going to make a drive to view new Whalers, I think I would go to Florida, to the factory. I don't know for certain that is the only place they make them, but I am sure they make all the big ones down there :) I understand you can actually pick your new whaler off the line there :) I know they have a sales office as well on site.

kamie
#3 Print Post
Posted on 02/23/14 - 9:53 AM
Personal Page
Project Albums

Comments: 3

your best bet for any boat dealer is to either go to a show, or call and confirm they have the ones in stock at the dealer. Even if you go to one of the larger shows, confirm which hulls they are taking. Most new boat dealers don't have racks and racks of boats just waiting for you. It's not like a car where you can test drive the one you want and then drive it home. At this time of year they have a couple on the lot to look at, yours will be ordered direct from the factory to arrive in 6 to 8 weeks.

butchdavis
#4 Print Post
Posted on 02/23/14 - 4:06 PM

You used to be able to link to dealers via the BW web site. The dealers usually make their inventories, new or used, easy to find on their dealer web site.

Some dealers are better than others at keeping their site up to date. I would verify by telephone before making the trip. E-mails are often answered when the staff has nothing better to do or simply ignored.

Butch

Phil T
#5 Print Post
Posted on 02/24/14 - 6:45 AM
Administrator
Personal Page
Personal Album
Project Albums

Comments: 6

Kamie is correct.

I don't recall dealers, even the large ones, having more than 2 or 3 of any one model. The challenge is finding a dealer that has the model you are looking for.

The largest Whaler dealer in Maine, would carry one of each:

130 Sport
150 Montauk
170 Montauk
190 Montauk

One of the smaller Outrage series and one of the smaller Conquests.

For Virginia, contact Chesapeake Whalertowne in Annapolis
http://www.whalertowne.com/Page.aspx/.../Home.aspx

Fishguy
#6 Print Post
Posted on 02/24/14 - 8:10 AM

Thanks to all for replying.

Does anyone know where the manufacturing plant is located in Florida?

I had a very nice Outrage 190 , but sold it cause I need something a little bigger for the 2-3 ft. So I am interested in the Outrage 220 and 250 and figure I can see both there at the plant. Thanks.

Tom W Clark
#7 Print Post
Posted on 02/24/14 - 8:12 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 7

100 Whaler Way
Edgewater, Florida 32141

kamie
#8 Print Post
Posted on 02/24/14 - 11:51 AM
Personal Page
Project Albums

Where in Virginia are you, there are a couple dealers you could try, depending on where in VA you are. It's a pretty big state.

I would call Chesapeake Boat Basin, in Kilmarnock VA. They are a relatively new Boston Whaler dealer, only had the dealership a couple years, although the dealership has been around a lot longer. If your more toward the southern end of the state, Lynhaven Marine in VA Beach might be an option. There is Richmond Marine Center, they were the local Sea Ray dealer and picked up Whalers about 10 years ago.

Even if your in the Northern VA area, Kilmarnock is a nice drive south, with some interesting things to do while your down there. As always call first.

butchdavis
#9 Print Post
Posted on 02/24/14 - 4:24 PM

MarineMax is not a firm I've had much luck with in the past.... but they do tend to have a larger inventory of new Whalers for sale than do many other dealers.

Butch

Fishguy
#10 Print Post
Posted on 03/01/14 - 3:48 AM

Thanks all -
So I was thinking about heading down to the factory in Fl to view the fleet of Whalers as some have suggested. I called them to check on the stock and was told that they do not have the models there to view - nor do they have an onsite sales business. But they do have factory tours on Tuesday afternoon if I want to see boats in various stages of assembly. Nope. So I'm back to looking for a well stocked dealership. There must be a decent supply somewhere east of the Mississippi? If not, I guess I could go to the Miami boat show. Ugh.

Jay Fitz
#11 Print Post
Posted on 03/01/14 - 7:52 AM
Personal Page

Maybe a local dealer could point you to a recent client that owns/purchased the model you're looking for, if they've sold one. Most Whaler owners would usually be more than happy to talk about their vessels...possibly even take you for a cruise.

Tom W Clark
#12 Print Post
Posted on 03/01/14 - 8:01 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 7

Surely Whaler/the Whaler dealership network has a database that shows who has what in stock. I'd just ask for direction to what you are considering.

jollyrog305
#13 Print Post
Posted on 03/01/14 - 11:20 AM
Personal Page

I am only aware of one Maryland Boston Whaler dealer – Chesapeake Whalertowne. They have 2 locations – one in Annapolis and one in Grasonville (over the Bay Bridge) which location did you visit? I can’t recall a time that I have been there (Grasonville) and they have not had a decent selection of models on site – even the larger Outrages and Conquest models.

FlyAU98
#14 Print Post
Posted on 03/01/14 - 7:11 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 1

A few years back Lynhaven Marine (Virginia Beach) had a decent inventory (particularly the smaller boats) and they were nice people to deal with.

kamie
#15 Print Post
Posted on 03/01/14 - 7:18 PM
Personal Page
Project Albums

It might be better if we knew what model you were looking for?

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 18, 2024 - 9:08 PM
Users Online
Welcome
rhall228
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 8
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,102
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.21 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,512,607 unique visits