View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Nautical Lumber
JamesP
#1 Print Post
Posted on 06/04/12 - 1:22 PM

Comments: 0

Hi Members

Do any of you have work pending from Mike @ Nautical Lumber? My interior was due 2 weeks ago, and I have not heard a thing back from them. Many phone calls and emails-but no reply. They have processed my charge card on the 12th of April.

Just a heads up

Joe Kriz
#2 Print Post
Posted on 06/04/12 - 1:42 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

Mike seems to be experiencing some problems lately.

We have not heard from him but see these other posts.
http://www.whalercentral.com/forum/vi...d_id=14977

And this member finally received his parts.
http://www.whalercentral.com/forum/vi...d_id=14877

JamesP
#3 Print Post
Posted on 06/04/12 - 1:54 PM

Joe

Thank you. It's funny, after this post, I received an email from mike, stating he will start shipping pieces this week.

I'll keep everyone posted.

James

SKJame
#4 Print Post
Posted on 06/07/12 - 6:33 AM

Just thought I'd weigh in with my experience....I actually joined this site to see if anyone knew what was up with Mike. I placed and paid for an order the end of February. Was told he was back 6 weeks, which was fine, since it was February. Called in April, after 7 weeks to get an update. Spoke with Mike who told me that they were working on my stuff and it would be sent the following week. At the end of May I called several times - (you have to stay on the phone thru 12 - 15 rings to get an answering machine). Got no return call so finally had to go to my credit card company, who honored a reversal even though it was after 90 days. This reversal is conditional, should the vendor decide to ship the stuff....Now I feel stuck because I would like to order the parts with Speciaty but don't know if Mike is going to take any action or not. I notice in other threads that Mike has responded to comments made through this site. Why doesn't he respond directly to his customers rather than address them on this site?!

Labrat3
#5 Print Post
Posted on 06/07/12 - 5:14 PM

Comments: 1

I really hate to do this but I don't know who or what else I can turn to in order to get this issue resolved with Nautical Lumber. On the first of February I placed, and paid in full, for an new interior for my 1971 13 foot Whaler. Mike Stennet told me it would be "3 or 4 weeks". Fine, I said. In April I started getting antsy and started calling and Emailing which went unanswered. I started to sweat thinking this guy's got my money and I've got nothing and now I can't even get a response from him. FINALLY in May I get an answer that the stuff being's shipped. Great, i thought, I'm finally going to be able to finish my boat. The boxes arrive and now there's stuff missing, the brackets for the console AND the bow hatch isn't even close to the correct size that I sent him with the order, a full one inch too small. I called and Emailed again, many times, before I finally get an answer from Mike. He does send me the missing pieces for the console, but no bow hatch. It is now June 7th, more than 4 MONTHS since I placed and paid for this interior and I STILL cannot finish my boat and Mike is not answering Emails or phone calls ! This is total bullshit. Please take my word for it, DO NOT do any business with this guy. Do yourself a great big favor and DO NOT send him any money. You will get jerked around, not get any answers to your Emails or calls and will be completely helpless like me and sit there and wait for MONTHS and still not get it done. I don't know how this site can in good conscience allow this guy to be a "Sponsor" of this site when so many customers like me have experienced the same crap over and over again. Joe, pull the plug on this clown. It's only making you look bad. He shouldn't be allowed to advertise on this site. It's a crime what he's making folks go through.! Stop it !

Binkie
#6 Print Post
Posted on 06/07/12 - 6:58 PM
Personal Page

Wow, looks like the beginning of the end for him. Out of town buyers get hosed, Nearby customers and friends get their stuff and think highly of him. Maybe out of towners should take a vacation to Michigan this summer and have a face to face. I here Michigan is lovely in the summer.

rich

Labrat3
#7 Print Post
Posted on 06/08/12 - 6:02 AM

Just got an Email from Mike Stennett of Nautical Lumber. Said my bow hatch was shipping on Monday. I will keep you all informed if this time things go as promised.

CES
#8 Print Post
Posted on 06/08/12 - 6:26 AM
Personal Page
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 7

I sure hope that whatever problems Mike appears to be having, he's able to sort them out. He's always done a fantastic job with his products and I hope this is just a hiccup.

Cliff
1966 13' Sport with a 1993 40hp Yamaha 2 Smoker

Labrat3
#9 Print Post
Posted on 06/19/12 - 9:44 PM

Hello All:

As I stated in my last post, I promised to let everyone know if Nautical Lumber kept their promise and followed through on their commitment to ship my replacement bow hatch to me to replace the first one which was incorrectly cut to the wrong size.

I am happy to report that this time they DID ship the piece when they said they would and I am also happy to report that it fits perfectly so my case with them is now officially closed.

Binkie
#10 Print Post
Posted on 06/20/12 - 2:58 AM
Personal Page

Publicity, good or bad works.

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 11, 2024 - 8:40 AM
Users Online
Welcome
CasperD
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 17
· Members Online: 1
· Total Members: 50,074
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,627
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.32 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,381,114 unique visits