View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Front hatch cover hardware 13
owensbn
#1 Print Post
Posted on 09/15/11 - 8:25 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 0

New to the site, great site, assisting my son restoring a 1971 13 ft Whaler, 3rd one I've owned, 2 small holes in the bottom of the front hatch, none of my previous whalers had these, somebody told me they had a system with a bungie cord and latch to hold front cover down...please advise of this hardware and how it attached to the wood cover...also I have seen hatch covers with 1 hole in the cener and with 2 holes on either end....which is proper? Thanks in advance

Joe Kriz
#2 Print Post
Posted on 09/15/11 - 12:54 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

Take a look through the personal page section and see what you find there.

Here is a 1972 model with one hole.
http://www.whalercentral.com/infusion...er_id=5261

I am not sure if some years were different or not.

Maybe some of the other 13' owners can be more specific...

dburton
#3 Print Post
Posted on 09/15/11 - 3:54 PM
Personal Page

Comments: 0

What I have seen and what I did when I had may 13' sport, a small SS eye strap was attached to the hatch cover. I had a small bungee cord straddled by the eye strap so that the bungee was effectively attached to the hatch cover. At the bottom of the anchor locker there was a another eye strap that I attached both ends of bungee cord. This allowed you to pick up the hatch cover and look in and retrieve small items without disturbing the bungee cord. If you need the hatch cover off, you simply reach in and unhook both ends of the bungee.

If your hatch cover is OEM then it is plywood so don't worry about the next sentence or two.

If your hatch cover is solid wood, then you should look at the grain on the short side and make sure that the cupping of the grain is pointing down so that the board doesn't warp.

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
September 20, 2024 - 7:40 PM
Visit our Sponsors
Specialty Marine - Parts and Accessories

Carver Covers - The Best Covers Under The Sun

Nauset Marine - Whaler Parts and Accessories

Wm. J. Mills and Co. - Boston Whaler Canvas

Click on logo to visit site
View all Sponsors Here
Users Online
Welcome
Thorney70
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 4
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,375
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,637
· Sport 13 1,366
· Outrage 18 555
· Nauset 16 402
· Sport 15 365

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.20 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 86,394,351 unique visits