View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Fuse cover for 1992 15 Super Sport
sjlindstrom
#1 Print Post
Posted on 05/07/11 - 8:10 AM

Comments: 0

I have a 1992 SS. The boat has been repowered with a Yamaha 70 four stroke and the interior has been removed revarnished with eight coats of varnish and reinstalled.

There is a white plastic cover covering the connector block on the starboard aft cornor by the stern light. This cover is secured by four stainless streel screws and is labeled fuses. I would like to replace this cover as the plastic is a little faded.

Does anyone know if this part is original and available?

Thanks.

gacto
#2 Print Post
Posted on 05/07/11 - 5:38 PM
Personal Page

If it's really faded, paint it. Scrub it with some detergent/degreaser and a scotch bright pad. Then hit it with a couple light coats of Rustoleum plastic paint primer. Then follow up with a couple light coats of the same plastic paint in whatever finish coat color you want. It did this to the plastic tray that goes under my rear seat for storage. It turned out great and is very durable. I think I still have my fuse cover from my re-do. You can have it if you want, just cover the shipping. It's in goo shape, can't tell if its faded or not. Came off my '88 15ss.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

sjlindstrom
#3 Print Post
Posted on 05/07/11 - 9:14 PM

Did you replace yours or modify this area of the boat to eliminate the need for the cover?

I might take you up on your offer.

Thanks.

gacto
#4 Print Post
Posted on 05/08/11 - 4:34 AM
Personal Page

During my re-do, I moved the battery to under the console, and put a new Blue Seas terminal block under the console. I still had to contend with the bow light wire that comes through the gunnel where the your (and my old) fuse block was located. I bought (and modified) a small "through bulkhead" wire cover to make a small/cleaner looking exit where the wire comes through the gunnel. I wanted to move the wires location, but you have to remove the rubrail and that was not on the agenda yet. You can see the black wire cover in the photos on my personal page.

I just checked my old one, it's in good shape, no cracks. Probably similar to yours, maybe a little faded but "consistent" all around.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 5, 2024 - 7:38 AM
Users Online
Welcome
oddbald
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 10
· Members Online: 2
· Total Members: 50,051
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.14 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,268,813 unique visits