View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
'84 Revenge window dimensions
Vailima
#1 Print Post
Posted on 09/29/10 - 7:20 AM

Comments: 0

New to Whaler Central and it's provided a wealth of info.
Just wondering if anyone knew how I might get EXACT dimensions for the front and side port windows for a 1984 Revenge (w/t cuddy). I have to get some made up and I know for the frame fitting sizing is critical. Any help wouild be most appreciated.

Home Aside
#2 Print Post
Posted on 10/01/10 - 1:15 AM

Comments: 1

While trailering I lost one of my vent windows on my 1985 Revenge 22 WT, I ended up taking the boat to a local auto glass company, had the other vent glass removed from which they made a template and prepared new vent window glass for me. they matched the tint of the glass too, it was not cheap, $250.00 this was in 2006. If I'm not mistaken I think there is a thread here on WC with photographs regarding that project.

Pat

Tom W Clark
#3 Print Post
Posted on 10/01/10 - 6:07 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 7

Your post is ambiguous. Are you talking about the windshield of a 1984 Revenge 22 Walk Through?

If so, the glass on the port side is the mirror image of the glass on the starboard side. Use those as templates.

If you are asking about the ports on the Revenge 22 Walk Through, they are available from Pompannette.

Regardless of what you seek, there is no way you can simply get "dimensions" and have anything fabricated with any assurance it will fit; you MUST make templates or use existing glass as templates.

Vailima
#4 Print Post
Posted on 10/01/10 - 8:13 PM

Comments: 0

Thanks Pat and Tom for your kind replies. I guess I was just trying to save myself a couple of hours work by not removing the starboard front and side windows and using those as templates. I was assuming it would be tons of trouble removing these starboard windows from the frame and rubber molding. Also, the starboard side has a separate vent window which the port side didn't. Anyways, I'll go that route and hope for the best.
Best regards!

Tom W Clark
#5 Print Post
Posted on 10/02/10 - 8:47 AM
Personal Page

Comments: 7

You can pull the glass in minutes, not hours.

The port side has the same vent window as the starboard side. The windshield frame is welded and anodized aluminum channel. If you windshield does not have the vent on the port side, your windshield has been modified by somebody at some point.

If you are having new glass made for the port side, I suggest you have new glass made for the starboard side (and walk through center section as well). You will be amazed how much clearer the new glass is than the old which gets etched with age.

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 29, 2024 - 6:40 PM
Users Online
Welcome
Roscoe
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 12
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,031
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,626
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 397
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.14 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,159,307 unique visits