View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Looking for information on trip to Florida!
Joe Kriz
#1 Print Post
Posted on 02/13/07 - 2:39 PM
Site Owner
Personal Page
Personal Album
Photo Albums
Project Albums

Comments: 452

My wife and I are planning a trip to Florida and/or the Florida Keys.

Looking for any advise on places to stay that aren't too expensive but nice.
It is hard to tell from all the brochures and websites exactly how good or bad a place is.
Thought maybe some of you locals that know the area could shed some light.

I have a couple of places that have been recommended. Here is one.
http://coconutpalminn.com/index.htmlindex.html

Prefer something on the beach or waters....

Also interested in meeting any of you that are in the area. Lunch? Dinner? Fishing? Whatever?
I know it's hard to hook up but you never know unless you try.

Looking at approximately sometime in April... Not around Spring Break or Easter Week which is April 1st through the 8th I believe.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jeff
#2 Print Post
Posted on 02/13/07 - 5:36 PM

Comments: 34

Joe,

You lucky guy...

Like I said the coconutpalm is a great place to stay and relax. I have a list of great places around there to eat I just need to ask the boss where it is?

1993 23' Walkaround Whaler Drive

sraab928
#3 Print Post
Posted on 02/14/07 - 4:38 AM
Project Albums

Comments: 13

We woke up to an ice storm this morning. Florida is sounding really nice. One of our favorite places to visit when in Florida is St Augustine. The area is just beautiful. A lot of history to see and a lot to do. They have a train like bus that you can get a pass for and it travels around town. Get on and off as you please and you can see just about everything. Sorry I cannot offer a suggestion for where to stay - we are always in our RV.

Scott
1974 21' Revenge w Mercury 200 ProXS V8

ChefPatterson
#4 Print Post
Posted on 02/16/07 - 6:20 AM

Comments: 2

Mr. Kriz

I live in orlando. When i go to the keys i always stay at Big Pine Camp Ground if you like camping, you may be roughing it but its right on the water, tarpon are all over the canal you put your boat in at, there are boat spots closest to your camp spot, has showers, pool, laundry mat, and some damn expensive beer Smile. its right after bahia honda key and the 7 mile bridge is some of the best snapper fishing and lobster diving you will ever see. There are alot of different places around central florida and ft. peirce area. In titusville is the redfish capatial of the world and ft.peirce is loaded with big snook. You can also look up Englewood. That is over by Boca Grande pass and Gasparilla area, down by Tampa, AWESOME all around fishing, trout, reds, big snook tarpon and lots of snapper. im not sure what the place was where we stayed but it was beautiful right on the water of lemon bay. And a expenive place in the keys is " for the romantisism in you " is cheeca lodge spa and resort. www.cheeca.com. If anymore info needed just let me know.

ChefPatterson
#5 Print Post
Posted on 02/16/07 - 6:24 AM

Also Joe

If you wanted to mabye rent a house in the keys or in florida, go to craigslist.org and go to florida, click on where you want to look at and go under the housing section and you can see vacation rentals.

ChefPatterson
#6 Print Post
Posted on 02/16/07 - 6:31 AM

http://www.fla-keys.com/lowerkeys/

this is for the keys

MWH
#7 Print Post
Posted on 03/14/07 - 7:39 PM
Personal Page
Project Albums

I've stayed at the Chesapeake Resort, Islamorada. Its located Oceanside has a lagoon, pool, and hot tub. A few restaurants and charter boats within walking distance...Beautiful views too. Also Bahia Honda state park has a awesome beach...April is a good time to visit, the Mahi Mahi (Dolphin) run begins and the fishing is spectacular!

Edited by MWH on 03/14/07 - 7:41 PM

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
May 18, 2024 - 2:06 PM
Users Online
Welcome
rhall228
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 8
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,102
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,628
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 551
· Nauset 16 399
· Sport 15 364

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.24 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,507,879 unique visits