View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
Bilge Pump 1979 on up 22' Revenge/Outrage
gchuba
#1 Print Post
Posted on 01/19/18 - 3:31 PM

Comments: 0

"Threading" this even though I mentioned it on my "Stencil Number" thread. Not all people interested in stencil numbers. To get my HIN Joe recommended I contact Boston Whaler direct. While on the phone with Chuck I asked some questions about the different lay out between my 1979 22' Revenge and the 22' Outrage of the same vintage. I was particularly interested in the through hull fitting on the floor of my cuddy cabin. I thought it would be directly underneath the center console and how it was accessed. Chuck said there was a hatch in front of the console and you had to crawl in there to access. He also mentioned that a bilge pump located there was a factory option as well as a factory option for a bilge pump in the rigging tunnel at the stern of the boat. That tunnel connects to this low cavity. The bilge option was probably an option on the 25' series (Joe mentioned the similarities of the hulls to me in one of his replies) and maybe some others in that same vintage layout. We also talked about the fish locker and its original design was for fish and ice. Emptying the water collected there was an issue directly from the factory. He was intrigued when I told him of the through drain I installed to the splash well where I installed a bilge pump. We did not talk about it but I would figure water collecting in the fuel tank chamber was something where Whaler understood there was an issue. So.......it looks like all our home remedies, trial and errors, etc..... addressing this issue are not in vain.

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 19, 2024 - 7:34 AM
Users Online
Welcome
Mjglawrence
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 11
· Members Online: 1
· Total Members: 50,015
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,623
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 549
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.15 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 82,975,410 unique visits