View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
live wells on 1999 conquest 21
Graffix1977
#1 Print Post
Posted on 12/01/16 - 3:40 PM

Comments: 1

So I bought the boat last spring and I am now in love with boating. With my first season under my belt I want to get into the fishing aspect of being on the ocean. With that said I have no idea how my live well works. I think I have a fish box in the deck on the starboard side. There is a plug to flush it with fresh sea water. There is then a pump that pumps that directly overboard. The pump seems to make noise but doesn't seem to pump outthe fish box when filled with water. I will trouble shoot that this off season. The boat then has two boxes with lids that flip up behind the helm and passenger seats. I believe one is the live well and the other is an ice box. I am not sure though... As to how to use the live well I did not seem to figure it out. There is a hole in the bottom where a tube goes in and then a hole at the top. I can hit a switch and a pump seems to make noise but nothing happens. I made sure I opened the valve under the aft seat on the port side of the boat which is where the water goes into the live well I think... Any help would be much appreciated. I wish there was a manual I could just go to online lol!

Justin

gentilebrian
#2 Print Post
Posted on 12/06/16 - 11:41 AM

Comments: 0

I'm not sure about your boat but I have a 1999 conquest 23 so maybe its similar.

In the floor I have a fish box. It has a drain plug for when I am out of the water and there is a pump that pumps the water overboard when I am in the water.

For my livewell mine is also behind the seat. I have a black plastic tube that goes the drain hole and at the top of the +/- 12" tube is a screen. The live well fills and once it gets to the top of the tub it overflows into the tube and down the drain.
In the livewell compartment up underneath is a spout that the water comes out of. At the end of this spout is a screw in valve and that lets the water in. Mine doesn't have its own pump but instead uses the washdown pump. If the valve is open my washdown hose doesn't work. if the valve is closed the washdown hose works.

Again not sure how yours is but this might help.

gentilebrian
#3 Print Post
Posted on 12/06/16 - 11:47 AM

Comments: 0

The Boston Whaler site may also be useful. It has diagrams of your boat.

http://www.bostonwhaler.com/boat-ownership/resources/

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 20, 2024 - 7:19 AM
Users Online
Welcome
Mjglawrence
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 8
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,015
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,624
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 549
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.20 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 82,990,315 unique visits