View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Print Thread
new member, 2010 Outrage 190
drained
#1 Print Post
Posted on 08/18/16 - 6:28 AM

Comments: 0

Hello to all, new to the site. I've had boats all my life, but never had a whaler until now. I am more used to heavier deep V boats, blackfin, Albemarle, Bertram. I have gotten a little older and wiser, I have plenty boats I have access to fish offshore on when I want, so I have done a major downsize and wanted to get a sandbar boat. being a freelance captain, I had opportunity to run/maintain a clients 2015 270 vantage with twin 300 verados. I fell in love with the boat so much that I decided to look for a whaler, something totally different than what I have ever owned.
I came across a 2010 190 outrage from the original owner, 150 Verado, 160 hours. the boat cleaned up like brand new, I put tabs on her, new garmin 94sv, JL 7.7(4), JL 10" sub, and the JL600 amp. also bought the factory "bow bunny" cushion for the girls to ride up front.
So far, I love the boat. amazing economy, whisper quiet, gets me wherever I want. still trying to figure out where to store stuff, boat lacks storage. the ride? well, I knew whalers were never known for their ride. I accepted that going into the purchase.. but she seems to do "ok"...I'm just used to weight, mass, and 24 degrees on the transom, 50 plus on the entry. other than that, the boat is just a pleasure because it is so simple to maintain and operate.
I was looking for other owners opinions on this model. my local dealer tells me they are kind of rare now, and he doesn't even stock or sell them. the reason is because they are super pricey, it is hard to sell this boat when they can get the 190 Montauk for 10K less, so the boat doesn't make much sense to new whaler 19' buyers unless they insist on the "mini outrage"
I cant find that many reviews on the boat. I was looking any existing owners of this model or the former "Nantucket".. Would be interesting to hear others feedback, likes/dislikes of this particular model.

Edited by Phil T on 08/18/16 - 8:57 AM

JRP
#2 Print Post
Posted on 08/18/16 - 9:12 AM

Comments: 2

Welcome to Whaler Central and congrats on your "new" Outrage 190!

Nice boat. But yes, it will definitely feel smaller than what you are used to. On any smaller boat, you have to get creative with storage. I own a classic Outrage 19, and one thing that helps is the canvas dodger over the bow platform. Day bags, etc get tossed up under that and are well-protected from the elements. So that might be one improvement to consider.

I can see how the Montauk 190 would compete with the Outrage 190. Unlike the smaller Montauks, the 190 has a built-in fuel tank that frees up deck space and makes it feel like a big step up. But your Outrage 190 still has a deeper V design in the hull, so it should give a smoother ride and handle seas a bit better. And if you enjoy fishing the Outrage is geared a bit more toward that.

Enjoy your new boat!

InVision
#3 Print Post
Posted on 11/05/17 - 1:17 AM

Comments: 0

I realize this is an old thread, but wondered if the OP is still onboard here at WhalerCentral. We have now own a 2004 Nantucket 190. The only 2 gripes so far is the bow rail making it impossible to add a trolling motor and lack of storage. We are also considering trim tabs and replacing the 150 Optimax with a 4 stoke motor.

M

Proud Owner of 2004 Boston Whaler 190 Nantucket.

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 23, 2024 - 3:52 PM
Users Online
Welcome
GreedyGoose00
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 14
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,018
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,624
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 550
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.16 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 83,031,117 unique visits