View Thread
Before Posting, Please Read Our Posting Guidelines Below.

1. Use the full 4 digit year for everything you are asking your question about. Example: 1962, 1988, 2000, 2011
2. Include the correct name of your Whaler model. Example: Montauk 17, Montauk 170, Outrage 26, Outrage 260
3. Include the length when necessary. Example: 16, 17, 18, 20, 22
4. Do not post your email address anywhere on this site as it is already in your user profile.

Are incorrect knock-off's OK?
Works for me Works for me 6%[2 Votes]
Not for me Not for me 94%[33 Votes]
Total Votes : 35
 Print Thread
Whaler Graphics
draftsman
#1 Print Post
Posted on 07/24/14 - 5:40 AM

Comments: 0

As I peruse the pages of Ebay and look at all the cheap crappy one-side used to make two sides unoriginal logo's that are out there, roughly 95% of them are incorrect... I'm curious as to how many of you guys actually buy them?

Blackduck
#2 Print Post
Posted on 07/24/14 - 10:46 AM
Personal Page

No, not okay with me, but there is a market for the sorta, kinda, replacement parts, logos included-

Walter Reynolds
1973 Boston Whaler 16 Nauset 90 HP Yamaha

lost sailor
#3 Print Post
Posted on 07/24/14 - 12:29 PM

I'm in the market for the starboard side Outrage 17' sticker and I hadn't found one of those yet. I figured I'd have to buy an Outrage 18 sticker for the Outrage & a Montauk 17' sticker for the 17'. Unless someone has had a bit more luck than myself & can point the way...

The way I see it, if you're going to take the time to do it, you might as well do it right with right stuff!

1990 Outrage 17 I - 1990 Evinrude 120

whalerman
#4 Print Post
Posted on 07/24/14 - 12:58 PM

Comments: 5

Why mess around with cheap DECALS when we have Majic Brush to get the REAL decal, and sent to you in the mail!!!!!!!

THOM : 1999 Outrage 18, 2012 E-TEC 150, 2012 EZ Loader trailer

draftsman
#5 Print Post
Posted on 07/25/14 - 5:25 AM

Sailor, it only takes a call... 386-736-1142

lost sailor
#6 Print Post
Posted on 07/25/14 - 6:47 AM

Draftsman, thanks for that. They were very helpful and the price was surprisingly low. They even said that they have decals for the capacity plates if anybody needs. I got the whole set and they're shipping them today. Stoked! I totally suggest that if anybody needs decals give these guys a call!

Phil T
#7 Print Post
Posted on 07/25/14 - 8:58 AM
Administrator
Personal Page
Personal Album
Project Albums

Comments: 6

In case you don't know, Draftsman and his partner, Janis own and operate Magic Brush.

They are the authorized manufacturer of Boston Whaler decals and graphics.

http://magicbrushsign.com

tmann45
#8 Print Post
Posted on 07/25/14 - 7:13 PM

Phil T wrote:
In case you don't know, Draftsman and his partner, Janis own and operate Magic Brush.

They are the ONLY authorized manufacturer of Boston Whaler decals and graphics.

http://magicbrushsign.com

Just had to add ONLY above.

swebre
#9 Print Post
Posted on 07/25/14 - 7:50 PM
Personal Page

While we're discussing Magic Brush, have to add that I got my replacement logos and matching numbers from them for my latest project (The Whale).

Excellent workmanship and received them quickly at a reasonable price. Can't ask for more.

I'm happy. Thanks Folks.

draftsman
#10 Print Post
Posted on 07/26/14 - 7:23 AM

Thanks for all the comments, guess it was kinda dumb to ask the hardcore, lol... It has been a labor of love, particularly when it comes to the capacity labels. I never imagined how many different styles, configurations and variatons there are for them... We will continue to do the best we can and truly appreciate the support from the Whaler community! Thank you all!

lost sailor
#11 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 4:33 AM

I just wanted to update, I received my new logos in the mail yesterday and they look phenomenal! Hats off to Magic brush for the great service & quick turnaround. I know where I'm going for all my decal needs... Thanks so much Draftsman & Janis!

ritzyrags
#12 Print Post
Posted on 07/29/14 - 12:18 PM
Project Albums

Comments: 36

And one more time great service rendered from Magic Brush.
Thank s to you our Whaler logos will be original OEM quality Wink

Dont lie
Dont Cheat
And dont give up..

firebrand1
#13 Print Post
Posted on 08/02/14 - 4:44 PM
Personal Page

I will be applying my MB BW decals early this week to my 1975 Newport 17 and I have to say they are clearly best quality and best pricing out there. Like a Porsche, there are no substitutes!

GPJ
#14 Print Post
Posted on 08/03/14 - 2:40 PM

Received my BW side decals from Magic Brush last week. I don't know when I will be ready to install them, but they are works of art. I kinda like to take them out of the shipping "container (a very clever piece of folded corrugated plastic that keeps flat items absolutely pristine), look at them, and dream...

MG56
#15 Print Post
Posted on 08/03/14 - 3:05 PM
Personal Page

How, exactly, are Magic Brush's decals better quality?

Finnegan
#16 Print Post
Posted on 08/03/14 - 3:25 PM

Comments: 16

Anybody with Whaler experience and any kind of a sharp eye can spot the knock-offs immediately (like this whaler perfectionist!). Unfortunately I have seen way too many of them, and one thing is for sure - they are a dead giveaway the boat has been worked on/restored by someone who doesn't know what they are doing. or is a cheapskate. Be careful buying a used Whaler with knock-off decals. It tells you about the rest of the work, or at least it was done by someone who was not experienced with Whalers.

Janis - a related question - Do you guys reproduce the red plastic floor plate on the gas tank cover of the 25 Outrage and Revenge models? It seems to be about 1/8" thick plastic and screws into a 3 x 5 recess in the floor, and has a diagram of the non-skid pattern on it showing where to not drill. Mine is worn out and I need a new one.

Do you also reproduce the two different stick-on decals for the floor, one for the side covers, and one for the gas tank covers of the smaller Outrages?

J M M
#17 Print Post
Posted on 08/04/14 - 6:32 AM

Janis, I also need the deck plate Larry seeks. Thanks Jim

draftsman
#18 Print Post
Posted on 08/04/14 - 7:25 AM

Well, we start with 3M products, there's none better..
We are the only factory authorized vendor...
We stand behind our work, can't make everyone happy, but we try. We just last week replaced an order that was left out in the rain by the postman. Our fault? Hardly... But we made it right, gratis. Think Ebay'ers would do that?
We have a passion for Whalers, (at least the old ones), and care about our decals being as near to original as humanly possible. I'm not going to say they're perfect, they're not... But then again, they were never meant to be perfect, there's a lot of little quirks from side to side that make them individual purposely, Bob D. didn't want them copied easily...
I'm sure there are those who think we're expensive, but the fact is we haven't changed our prices in sixteen years tho our costs have risen dramatically, (petroleum product), know any other company that has done that?
Finnegan and JMM, I do have the label, will have to figure out the plate thing... But I think it's do-able...
Bottom line, want a "Rolex", don't buy a "Lolex"... Sorry, my fathers bad joke from "gifts" brought back, funny guy....

tothemax
#19 Print Post
Posted on 08/04/14 - 1:12 PM
Personal Page

We bought our decals from magic brush and they were top quality and went on exactly as advertised. The folks were great to deal with and very helpfull with tips to get good results.

1987 Guardian 18 \ 1987 Evinrude 150

MG56
#20 Print Post
Posted on 08/06/14 - 4:34 PM
Personal Page

draftsman wrote:

Well, we start with 3M products, there's none better..
We are the only factory authorized vendor...
We stand behind our work, can't make everyone happy, but we try. We just last week replaced an order that was left out in the rain by the postman. Our fault? Hardly... But we made it right, gratis. Think Ebay'ers would do that?
We have a passion for Whalers, (at least the old ones), and care about our decals being as near to original as humanly possible. I'm not going to say they're perfect, they're not... But then again, they were never meant to be perfect, there's a lot of little quirks from side to side that make them individual purposely, Bob D. didn't want them copied easily...
I'm sure there are those who think we're expensive, but the fact is we haven't changed our prices in sixteen years tho our costs have risen dramatically, (petroleum product), know any other company that has done that?
Finnegan and JMM, I do have the label, will have to figure out the plate thing... But I think it's do-able...
Bottom line, want a "Rolex", don't buy a "Lolex"... Sorry, my fathers bad joke from "gifts" brought back, funny guy....

Thank you Draftsman, that is exactly the information I thought was missing from this thread.

I already knew your company is the best, I just wanted the random reader to get a heads up.

Jump to Forum:
Bookmark and Share
Today's Date & Time
April 19, 2024 - 7:24 AM
Users Online
Welcome
Mjglawrence
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 14
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 50,015
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Top 5 Models Posted
· Montauk 17 1,623
· Sport 13 1,358
· Outrage 18 549
· Nauset 16 396
· Sport 15 363

View all Models Here
Render time: 0.28 seconds Copyright WhalerCentral.com © 2003-2024 82,975,298 unique visits